Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ Denver

Final: SDSU 67, Denver 56.

Daum leads with 15 points and 7 rebounds. Bittle added 12 and 8. Marshall with 13 and 6.

Jacks come back from a slow start to finish 47% from the field.

SDSU (18-5, 7-2) hosts IUPUI next Saturday.

Comment

Good teams find ways to win on the road. I remember a couple years back we needed a miracle to win out in Denver. Nice to pull away in the end today.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

That's road win number three with three more to go (OMA, FW, WIU). The Jacks are looking good for a top-2 seed if they don't run into more injury troubles. The upcoming week off should help out a little bit in that department.

Comment

Bittle is going to have to take better care of the ball so says Coach Nagy in post game interview, he did he was glad to have him back. I expect Jake will take this to heart and make the Pork Classic one to remember. The mention of the Pork Classic makes my mouth water for that overprice but good pork sandwich and chips of course.

Comment

Great road win. Jacks played hard and eventually pulled away. An 11-point win against a slow-down team like Denver is like a 17 or 18 point win against a normal team. Heck with settling for the No. 2 seed in the tourney. Let's get the top seed.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Jacks now need FearEd to help out and hand Omaha another loss tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Good teams find ways to win on the road. I remember a couple years back we needed a miracle to win out in Denver. Nice to pull away in the end today.
                You refering th when dyksyra went all reggie miller to end the game and their guys foot was on the line for a 2 pt shot and lost by 1? I was about the turn the radio off when dykstra did that.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Bittle is going to have to take better care of the ball so says Coach Nagy in post game interview, he did he was glad to have him back. I expect Jake will take this to heart and make the Pork Classic one to remember. The mention of the Pork Classic makes my mouth water for that overprice but good pork sandwich and chips of course.
                  While listening to the game we were smoking 14 pounds of brisket. Was dang good. Have to do some pork next time maybe.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

goon you are making me hungry now! Nice win for the Jacks tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                      goon you are making me hungry now! Nice win for the Jacks tonight!
                      I was hungry all day watching the brisket slowly sweat and get a bice bark on it. Put a nice rub on it las night and got it on at 8 this morning. Deciding between chicken or turkey or pork next time.

Comment

Joe Scott http://www.denverpioneers.com/colleg.../?media=520005

It was good to see the rebounding margin. Also, the Jackrabbits made 8 more freethrows than Denver. This is a solid win at the mile high city.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Jacks now need FearEd to help out and hand Omaha another loss tonight.
                          Ed wasn't to be feared this evening: Omaha 96, USD 83. USD slips to 2-7 in the league. PityEd.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Ed wasn't to be feared this evening: Omaha 96, USD 83. USD slips to 2-7 in the league. PityEd.
                            FearEd better watch out, their basketball team might end up with fewer conference wins than their football team!
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Joe Scott http://www.denverpioneers.com/colleg.../?media=520005

It was good to see the rebounding margin. Also, the Jackrabbits made 8 more freethrows than Denver. This is a solid win at the mile high city.
                              Love those kids in the background. That little brunette kid must belong to the coach. I just don't get this ball control offense. The Huron Tigers back in late 1950's ran this type of offense. Nick Brod and Denny Busch later became Jacks and had to run their butts off, a definitely different offense.

Comment

Sorry, Joe, but that pokey Princeton offense featuring lesser athletes won't ever win consistently in this league.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X