Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    What will be interesting will be to see how Nagy uses Daum's skills the rest of this year and upcoming years.

Seems to me that Daum's skill set would allow (if not almost require) more of a two-post offense than the four-guard offense that's basically what SDSU has run during the D-I years. Daum seems to have nearly unlimited range and so can draw defenders out into the perimeter, and a two-post alignment would tend to negate any attempt to double-team him with the defender's post and a guard. We'd need to add a dependable fourth front-line guy to the rotation to Daum, Theisen and Devine to make that feasible though. Maybe Doyle?

Daum is pretty obviously the centerpiece of what SDSU has returning next year. The success of the team in 2016-17 and onward will hinge on how the team is built around him, I think.
    An excellent post. To compare him to Wolters might be a little pre-mature. Without a doubt one of all time greats after the freshman year, and who knows what is ahead of him. Our next NBA player? Maybe!!! One other old timer and I on here have made a comparison to Phil Jackson and I don't think its unreasonable though the game has changed so much since Phil Jackson played for UND, 1965-68 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      An excellent post. To compare him to Wolters might be a little pre-mature. Without a doubt one of all time greats after the freshman year, and who knows what is ahead of him. Our next NBA player? Maybe!!! One other old timer and I on here have made a comparison to Phil Jackson and I don't think its unreasonable though the game has changed so much since Phil Jackson played for UND, 1965-68 I believe.
      Sorry Nidaros but have to have a little fun with your post. Don't compare him to Wolters but instead Phil Jackson? They both are pretty high expectations with the comparison to Phil even higher yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        Sorry Nidaros but have to have a little fun with your post. Don't compare him to Wolters but instead Phil Jackson? They both are pretty high expectations with the comparison to Phil even higher yet.
        Haha. Yes, comparing him to Wolters or Jackson is unrealistic. His game is more like Tim Duncan's anyway.

Only joking around, not intended to offend or upset anybody.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Haha. Yes, comparing him to Wolters or Jackson is unrealistic. His game is more like Tim Duncan's anyway.

Only joking around, not intended to offend or upset anybody.
          I was thinking Dirk Nowitski.

Comment

He doesn't have Dirks fadeaway or Duncan's vision and bank shot. Keep going, there must be a better match.....lol.

Comment

He doesn't have Dirks fadeaway or Duncan's vision and bank shot. Keep going, there must be a better match.....lol.
              LaMarcus Aldridge? Can shoot the 3, excellent mid-range, and can post up down low.

Comment

How about Eric Piatkowski?
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

I think you mean Dirk doesnt have Duams ability to create and finish around the rim and Duncan doesnt have Duams outside shot. So he is more a a Tirk Nowican or a Dim Dunitzki.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

How about closer to home... my dad watching him for the first time at the Tournament said he reminded him of Mike Miller

Comment

Daum leads the team at 82 percent....Deondre is second at 80.6.
                      Daum is 82% on the year, but over his last 10 he is shooting nearly 88%, which is very good for a big man who gets to the line as much as he does.

Comment

How about comparing Mike Daum with Mike Daum? Seems a fair comparison to me. I seldom if ever watch NBA so some of those names I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          How about comparing Mike Daum with Mike Daum? Seems a fair comparison to me. I seldom if ever watch NBA so some of those names I do not know.
                          Are you kidding me? That Mike Daum is being compared to NBA players in this thread, he will never live up to that!😎

Comment

Enjoyed meeting his parents at alumni get together. Can see where he learned work ethics and manners. As well as basketball skills and savvy. Looking forward to watching this young man dauminate the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                              Enjoyed meeting his parents at alumni get together. Can see where he learned work ethics and manners. As well as basketball skills and savvy. Looking forward to watching this young man dauminate the rest of his career.
                              Would you say his parents were more like Dirk Nowitzki's or Kurt Rambis's parents?
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Are you kidding me? That Mike Daum is being compared to NBA players in this thread, he will never live up to that!😎
                                I kid you not. I do not watch the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                                X