Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    I am far from a SDSU Basketball know-it-all these days. I haven't been to a basketball game since Nate's Senior Year. I try to catch every game that they play on ESPN3, so I am able to see a handful of games that way each year. With a small sample size here, I am VERY impressed with Daum. I think that Daum and Tellinghuisen (sp?) give this team a very bright future. I am not sure what we have to replace Marshall and Parks after this year though? Either way though, I sure am glad to have Daum for 3 more years. He will be a force to reckon with in the Summit League.
    We'll be okay next year. Someone in another thread projected a 3-5 ranking in conference standings. I think that is realistic.

Here is what I project for a lineup...
    PG: Transfer Rumor, Gentry
    SG: King or Flatten
    SF: Telly, Severyn, Dykman
    PF: Daum, Doyle
    C: Theisen, Devine

I think from the showing in the tournament, it will be wide open! IPFW, Denver, Omaha, ORU, and NDSU all bring back quality young players. Hopefully this means the conference RPI keeps rising or at least doesn't fall!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Imagine if Daum can develop a mid-range fade-away during the offseason...
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        We'll be okay next year. Someone in another thread projected a 3-5 ranking in conference standings. I think that is realistic.
        Maybe we have been spoiled as of late with SDSU success in MBB, WBB, FB. But I now expect a 1-3 conference finish in all those sports each year. I don't want to finish 4th or 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Imagine if Daum can develop a mid-range fade-away during the offseason...
          Not sure he needs to develop this as he is already one of the better shooting big men in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
            Not sure he needs to develop this as he is already one of the better shooting big men in the league.
            I know he can shoot, an effective fade-away jump shot after posting up is one of the most unstoppable moves in basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYxLN5yvwg
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think from the showing in the tournament, it will be wide open! IPFW, Denver, Omaha, ORU, and NDSU all bring back quality young players. Hopefully this means the conference RPI keeps rising or at least doesn't fall!
              I feel like on paper since we lose some seniors, and its a question mark how good those new to the lineup will be. But we return good talent for sure. I figure NDSU and Denver are a little ahead of everyone else on paper. I feel SDSU, IPFW, OMaha, ORU, IUPUI are in that middle group. USd is a total wild card. Right now have to have them at the bottom of the list with Western.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

There will definitely be some major growing pains for SDSU during the OOC season, but having a player like Daum (has to be a lock for preseason player of the year) should make the transition to new guards much easier than normal. I hope he works hard on his passing skills this offseason because he will get double-teamed heavily until we establish some shooters like Parks and Marshall. This might be a good spot to mention that Dykman shot 42% from the arc as a senior (made 29 3's). At 6'7, he might pair up nicely with Daum for the next three years.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I feel like on paper since we lose some seniors, and its a question mark how good those new to the lineup will be. But we return good talent for sure. I figure NDSU and Denver are a little ahead of everyone else on paper. I feel SDSU, IPFW, OMaha, ORU, IUPUI are in that middle group. USd is a total wild card. Right now have to have them at the bottom of the list with Western.
                  I agree! Lots of question marks.

NDSU will probably be the preseason favorites. Overall, I agree with the groupings you listed.

Comment

I notice that you have a rumor about Gentry transferring. I hope this proves to have no basis.

Comment

I think he means there is a rumored transfer that would play ahead of Gentry.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                        I think he means there is a rumored transfer that would play ahead of Gentry.
                        Correct, that is 100% what I mean.

Comment

Correct, that is 100% what I mean.
                          Do you have inside info to this rumor? Not asking for a source just wondering if it's just your opinion or there is some substance behind it?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Do you have inside info to this rumor? Not asking for a source just wondering if it's just your opinion or there is some substance behind it?
                            I've been told by someone close to the program that we are "actively/intensely looking" either for a Juco PG or Graduate Senior. They want someone who can play PG right away to give time for Gentry to adjust and mature. I have heard good things about Gentry though! I have no specific names but I trust the person who told me this.

Comment

I've been told by someone close to the program that we are "actively/intensely looking" either for a Juco PG or Graduate Senior. They want someone who can play PG right away to give time for Gentry to adjust and mature. I have heard good things about Gentry though! I have no specific names but I trust the person who told me this.
                              Okay, I just took at face value. Also I looked at Gentry's profile on GoJacks and he was all academic in high school so I would assume he would not have any classroom problems especially with all the tutoring that is offered. I noticed when going to Difference Makers meetings, there are study rooms full of athletes which is great. I get you know. I assume being PG in the SL requires a great deal of skill, and I that he would be ready to play this year. What do I know? Nothing.

Comment

I think it would be logical, given our returning youth at the guard spot, that we would be rather aggressively recruiting for a Juco/Grad guard. This seems completely unsurprising to me.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X