Really, people?

I mean . . . really?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Really, people?

I mean . . . really?
      Some on here have him all figured out. I for one do not. Its his life and he is free to do with it as he sees fit.

Comment

Really, people?

I mean . . . really?
        It's never too early to panic.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          It's never too early to panic.
          I've been wearing my tinfoil hat since the season ended last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            If he leaves early, I'm gonna blame it on the OZone defense.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              If he leaves early, I'm gonna blame it on the OZone defense.
              I love the name. I think that should become it's official name.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                With that tinfoil hat and living in Anchorage, you probably pick up the Russians now and then. I bet you can even see Russia from your house.

Comment

Notzone

Comment

This is a message board so I won't hesitate to say this even though some won't like it. In my opinion Taryn Christian is more likely to go the grad transfer route than Daum. He'll have two full years under this high powered offense and then he'll lose Weineke and Goedert. It would seem like a perfect time to move up after setting lots of records. Just one fans opinion and something I thought of during the season.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      This is a message board so I won't hesitate to say this even though some won't like it. In my opinion Taryn Christian is more likely to go the grad transfer route than Daum. He'll have two full years under this high powered offense and then he'll lose Weineke and Goedert. It would seem like a perfect time to move up after setting lots of records. Just one fans opinion and something I thought of during the season.
                      Two things regarding Taryn. He could go the natural transfer route since he hasn't redshirted yet. Second for a student athlete to graduate in 3 years would be difficult, which is the scenario Taryn is in since he played as a True Fr..

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                        Daum would start at about 75% of P5 schools, so role wise it would make total sense.
                        The school would grant the release the last thing they would want is media publicity in that way

the kicker like you said is he'd have to be able to graduate by the end of summer. That might not be possible I have no idea.

Hopefully he is no where near the credits Lol.
                        I would (selfishly) hope Mr. Daum is mature enough to realize there are no sure things when you move into a new situation.

He certainly has the ability. Every P5 player has ability. College success is more about situation than talent, IMO.

At SDSU he is in a perfect situation and will be the centerpiece of our team. SDSU will showcase his talents. All the pieces would have to fall together perfectly for him to have that kind of opportunity at a P5. It could happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. I do think it is likely he would be a very solid P5 player.

Nate Wolters could have started for a lot of P5's his junior and senior years. Nobody would have showcased his abilities to make him an NBA draft pick. Likely no All American, conference POY, Cousy finalist, Naismith watch list, etc, etc, etc. In a P5, his weaknesses (defense, shooting) would have become more obvious too. Again, no NBA draft.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Really, people?

I mean . . . really?
                          Our BB discussions are beginning to sound more and more like the school up North's FB discussions. We are now worrying about our star RS Sophomore leaving and we are ready to fire our new head coach half way through his first season. I think it may be a sign of success that our fan base are getting fired up but it sure can be wearying to read all the negativity.

Comment

All this talk is just crazy.

I have a little different take.

Offensively, Daum is an amazing basketball player and a really nice young man. No question about it. He is going to set a great deal of offensive records in his career at SDSU. Offensively, he has the ability to play for almost any P5 team and at the next level. He shoots the 3 very well, has a tremendous touch around the hoop, and shoots really well from the line. He can and will continue to improve his passing and moves to the basket.

Defensively is another story. He has the length and strength to dominate inside. People talk about defense being all about the effort. Well, I can point to several times in the game against the Bison where he needed to find a body to block out and didn't. If he wants to get drafted then it is his rebounding and defense that needs to improve. He needs to show teams that he has the motor to get it done. Players that can score are a dime a dozen. Players that can score and defend are the ones that find their way on to NBA rosters. Look at all the little plays that Dexter made for the Bison. That is pure heart. Daum and our team needs to find that.

When Nate Wolters was here and rewrote the record books for SDSU he was also #4 on the career steals list. He had a complete game and is playing in Europe. His work ethic was second to none. He showed that to the whole team and they all improved because of that.

Otz has been around plenty of guys that have gone to the NBA and knows what Daum needs to do to get there. Does Daum have the drive? Time will tell. He is just a sophomore and has a lot of time to grow. If he can become a complete player with his size and length then he will be drafted.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                              Our BB discussions are beginning to sound more and more like the school up North's FB discussions. We are now worrying about our star RS Sophomore leaving and we are ready to fire our new head coach half way through his first season. I think it may be a sign of success that our fan base are getting fired up but it sure can be wearying to read all the negativity.
                              Weren't people making similar statements about Wieneke leaving in football? Maybe that's our sports-version of Godwin's law -- as threads evolve, someone will always mention impending player transfers and/or coaching "ineptitude."

In terms of coaching, I've never met any of them personally, but from what I've read about Coach Otz and seen in the postgame videos, he seems like the type of person (e.g., principled and willing to take responsibility) I'd want to see succeed (and not just because he's the Jacks' coach). Hopefully he gets the chance here.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

Look at all the little plays that Dexter made for the Bison. That is pure heart. Daum and our team needs to find that.

SUPERBUNNY
                                Excellent points you made.

It seems like I've been hoping it was Werner's senior year for the past five seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X