Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Daum - The Dauminator

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    Things are better right now...Daum up by about 9 points. 1 vote a day on any platform...computer, phone, work etc. Enroute tomorrow night to Spokane! Go Jacks!
    If anyone is interested, Rosga has come from way behind to take the lead over Daum. Someone from Denver must have unleashed the automated voting system.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If anyone is interested, Rosga has come from way behind to take the lead over Daum. Someone from Denver must have unleashed the automated voting system.
      Or they figured out you can vote more than once a day.

Comment

That is easy. Vote, run Ccleaner, vote again, repeat.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

More frustrating? Daily fan vote for player of the year contests like this one or our current Presidential political process in the US?

(Rhetorical question) (No answers or responses needed) (sorry for bringing up politics).
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I love Daum and SDSU, but I tired of these daily vote sections a few years ago. Not condemning it, I voted early and often in a couple of Jacks related voting scenarios, but eventually I got tired of jumping through hoops for whatever insurance company is sponsoring this one.
            Daum will have opportunity to earn on the court many accolades before his career is done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Was on ESPN today and there is an article that ranks the top 25 players for the 2016-17 season. Daum came in at #23. Here is his section of the article. For those that are insiders on ESPN and want to read the whole article here is the link. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ketball-season

23. Mike Daum, South Dakota State Jackrabbits
              No player on this list -- not even Devin Williams himself, playing in that foul-drawing-and-committing mecca known as Morgantown, West Virginia -- draws fouls at a higher rate than Daum, a freshman reserve in the Summit League. Perhaps next season he'll get to start at SDSU. Certainly, drawing nearly eight fouls per 40 minutes is a good skill for a starter to possess, as is shooting 83 percent at the line once you get there. The 6-foot-9 Daum also makes his 2s and flashes occasional range from the perimeter. With mid-major legends such as High Point's John Brown and Stony Brook's Jameel Warneyhaving exhausted their eligibility, the crazy-stat torch has officially been passed to Daum.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                Was on ESPN today and there is an article that ranks the top 25 players for the 2016-17 season. Daum came in at #23. Here is his section of the article. For those that are insiders on ESPN and want to read the whole article here is the link. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...ketball-season

23. Mike Daum, South Dakota State Jackrabbits
                No player on this list -- not even Devin Williams himself, playing in that foul-drawing-and-committing mecca known as Morgantown, West Virginia -- draws fouls at a higher rate than Daum, a freshman reserve in the Summit League. Perhaps next season he'll get to start at SDSU. Certainly, drawing nearly eight fouls per 40 minutes is a good skill for a starter to possess, as is shooting 83 percent at the line once you get there. The 6-foot-9 Daum also makes his 2s and flashes occasional range from the perimeter. With mid-major legends such as High Point's John Brown and Stony Brook's Jameel Warneyhaving exhausted their eligibility, the crazy-stat torch has officially been passed to Daum.
                Found the same thing except this one is not and insider exclusive. ABC used the same story and shared it with everyone. In other words, everyone can see this list.
                http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/stars-c...ry?id=38153309
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Found the same thing except this one is not and insider exclusive. ABC used the same story and shared it with everyone. In other words, everyone can see this list.
                  http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/stars-c...ry?id=38153309
                  EXTREMELY impressive to see Daum on a list like this.

An Oakland senior is the only other mid-major player mentioned.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Hard to believe that he will just be a sophomore and he is already getting this kind of recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Hard to believe that he will just be a sophomore and he is already getting this kind of recognition.
                      Three years with a player of this caliber is quite a welcome gift to the new coach. If he makes the typical freshman-to-sophomore level of improvement, look out.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Three years with a player of this caliber is quite a welcome gift to the new coach. If he makes the typical freshman-to-sophomore level of improvement, look out.
                        Let's hope so. Telly didn't make that jump this year like you often see. I was super excited to see what he could do this year after what I thought was a tremendous freshman campaign. He trended more towards the sophomore slump than your typical fresh-to-soph improvement.

Comment

Daum named freshman All-American.

From GoJacks.com:
                          Already named The Summit League Freshman of the Year, South Dakota State's Mike Daum can now add Kyle Macy Freshman All-American to his growing list of accolades, as the Kyle Macy Award announced it list of freshman All-Americans earlier this week.

Read more: http://gojacks.com/news/2016/4/7/men...-american.aspx

This is going to be another fun three years!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Daum named freshman All-American.

From GoJacks.com:
                            Already named The Summit League Freshman of the Year, South Dakota State's Mike Daum can now add Kyle Macy Freshman All-American to his growing list of accolades, as the Kyle Macy Award announced it list of freshman All-Americans earlier this week.

Read more: http://gojacks.com/news/2016/4/7/men...-american.aspx

This is going to be another fun three years!
                            http://www.kylemacyaward.com/

Not many mid-major players on that list either... (John Konchar from IPFW is there too)
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              Let's hope so. Telly didn't make that jump this year like you often see. I was super excited to see what he could do this year after what I thought was a tremendous freshman campaign. He trended more towards the sophomore slump than your typical fresh-to-soph improvement.
                              He averaged 9 points and five boards on a balanced team whose leading scorer for most of year didn't even start... That's a pretty solid year

Comment

Working...
                              X