Minnesota State - Mankato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota State - Mankato

So I went to the Argus this morning to re-live last nights game, and what do I find? Two stories about the Yotes and a story about our Women's team. The men are just in the Area scores section. This is why I dislike the Argus and why they hate our move to D-I. They love to do the round robin approach to coverage. One weekend we will cover Augie, one weekend we will send our reporter to USD, one weekend we will report on State. Best yet for them is when SDSU, USD, and or Augie plays one of the other two. They get to kill two birds with one stone.

SDSU is in 1st place in the NCC in both Men's and Women's Basketball. The Men are 25-3 and also ranked #3 in the Nation. How offten does that happen. I think that is why they call it news. USD's mens team losing late in the season and falling out of contention, well that happens every year.

I know many of us have dogged the Argus on this board, but I can't help but be miffed that the best story I can read about the Jacks this morning is on the SDSU web site.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,3460

It will be interesting to see how the Argus coverage changes once we move to D-I. Will they cover our Fresno State game or another USD meltdown to a lesser NCC team. Hard to say.

Comment

I just sent a nastygram to the Argus and I suggest others do the same. They can't send someone 45 minutes up I-29 to cover basketball from the largest university in the state? That's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll_Guy
        Lets hope we never see Staten again. That guy almost killed us again tonight.

Way to go Jacks!

Got to beat UNO on Friday to guarantee the conference title.

Go State!!!
        I remember CatchEmALL Guy said after the first game that Statem was unconcious as a shooter. After seeing him in person last night, I have to agree. No question about being good shooter, but he is also a good defensive player, and just a stout body that no one can push around.

I think the MSU-M staff had their team very much prepared for SDSU. When Morganethaler and Nagy go back a number of years, what can we expect. No one probably understand's Nagy strategy like Matt does and then throw in Austin Hansen a very recent player and we are pretty much pegged by the opponent. I would suspect, that Scott went to Troy Larson for new twists, that MSU-M staff had not seen. You hope there were some old Morningside tricks to throw but maybe not.

I dont think any of the other opponents have figured how how to exploit Ben Beran inexperience, like MSU-M did. Poor Ben just could not get going. Defensively MSU-M forced him to foul or travel when trying to put a shoot. Not a whole he could do.

Comment

Working...
        X