GDT: SDSU @ IUPUI Jaguars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU @ IUPUI Jaguars

Big game tonight for SDSU! First conference road test against an IUPUI team that has been up and down this year. They have some very close games against Marquette and N.C. State but also some big blowouts. Last week they won at USD by 11 and lost by 5 at Omaha.

The Jacks are due for a really good game. This would be a great spot for it to happen.

Tip is at 6:00 CT and the game is on ESPN3.

Go Jacks!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: GDT: SDSU @ IUPUI Jaguars

The Jags like the Jackrabbits have not been a great shooting team. They also average about 15 turnovers per game while only averaging 10.7 assists per game. Barksdale(6'5" guard) who has been a regular for several years is leading shot blockers and steals. Many of the other starters are transfers who came in for Coach Gardner and they are past the red shirt season. This team probably is better than their record of 5-12. If you do not have ESPN3, the Indiana people have a station that is linked into the Jaguar athletic site which has great signal and better than average commentators. Go Jacks!!
    http://www.theindychannel.com/live-video
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I'm sure you'll be able to cut the tension with a knife in that gym. Always an electric environment.
      Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Hopefully this is a good setup for a strong road performance. I think we have seen a couple of cases where this team this year has had a poor performance on the road at the end of a long travel stretch but this should be a good test and opportunity for this team to strap it up and start to show what this team will look like the rest of the season.

Let's Go Rabbits!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
          I'm sure you'll be able to cut the tension with a knife in that gym. Always an electric environment.
          The JUNGLE! Such an intimidating venue. [/snark]
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Hoping for the best. I have to believe our shooters are going to awaken sooner rather than later.

Tonight's as good a night as any!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              The JUNGLE! Such an intimidating venue. [/snark]
              Can't wait for the team to "swing" into action

Comment

I looked at the Jags schedule and this is the fourth game of the season in The Jungle. The record is 3-0 at home. This team has had a somewhat brutal schedule prior to the conference play and the first 2 of those conference games were on the road. According to the attendance records the Jags have been bringing in around 1000 per game. Hopefully the Jackrabbits quiet the crowd early and get the 12th straight over the Jags.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The men don't play in the Jungle. Also,the Jags suck. SDSU by 15.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    I looked at the Jags schedule and this is the fourth game of the season in The Jungle. The record is 3-0 at home. This team has had a somewhat brutal schedule prior to the conference play and the first 2 of those conference games were on the road. According to the attendance records the Jags have been bringing in around 1000 per game. Hopefully the Jackrabbits quiet the crowd early and get the 12th straight over the Jags.
                    They no longer play in the Jungle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                      They no longer play in the Jungle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Whoops!! They did move to the public arena last year and the women still play at the Jungle. It is much larger than the old gymnasium. It is still only the fourth home game of the season which the Jags get a home game. That is kinda tough for them.

Comment

Nagy stressed the size of the IUPUI guards and how tough of a schedule they have faced in the pregame interview. Mentioned that the tall guards make it very difficult to shoot 3's.

This should be a challenge without Bittle to help out against the bigger guards.

Comment

King listed as a starter in place of Marshall, but that is not correct. Marshall is starting.

Comment

The IUPUI Center who is jumping for the tip has a "man bun". That has to give the Jacks an extra 4-6 point advantage! Looks awful!

And Telly with the first bucket! Good sign!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Jacks are 3-3 to start.

They lead 7-0, 2:30 into the game.

Comment

Working...
                              X