Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ FGCU

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
    Not sure it's mid major basketball. I can't name one team in college basketball that runs through the post. It's the shift in the entire game to more guard oriented play. The rules to a degree even dicate it with shot clocks etc Very few if any dominate centers in college basketball and those that do tend to dominate on the defensive end primarily. Last year was an anamoly with Okafor and Town's but beyond those two there just weren't a lot of posts you'd run your offense through. The jacks will continue to run a motion offense for years to come I'm guessing as the game continues to evolve.

It's become a guard's game. No sense in fighting it.
    You are correct. However, I think it is fair to say that there are at least a couple dozen post players in college basketball today who would be worthy of running through the post if they played in the Summit League instead of a P5 conference.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Re: GDT: SDSU @ FGCU

Posted in the wrong spot.
      Last edited by CappinHard; 12-22-2015, 01:11 PM. Reason: My bad.

Comment

Working...
      X