GDT: SDSU @ FGCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ FGCU

Whew. I kind of wish I hadn't watched and had just seen the score at the end.

Then... we give them a 3 at the other end. Ugh.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Final: SDSU 56, FGCU 52.

Jacks (10-2) survive while shooting 31% and going 4-23 from long range.

I'll take it.

Comment

It's another in the win column! Lordy that was painful.

Hurry back Marshall!

Comment

Probably as bad as we could play and still have any chance to get a win.

I'm not sure if the coaching staff should burn the tape or force the players to watch it in slow motion.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Whew. I kind of wish I hadn't watched and had just seen the score at the end.

Then... we give them a 3 at the other end. Ugh.
            I went to the new Star Wars this afternoon and got home in time for the post-game interview with Nagy. I'm feeling pretty good! Good win!
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              I went to the new Star Wars this afternoon and got home in time for the post-game interview with Nagy. I'm feeling pretty good! Good win!
              Can you give us the cliff notes version of what he said?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Heard some of it.....he said neither team could shoot but that was because both were playing great defense. Said FGCU probably the best defensive team will play. Talked about playing a lot of road games and said that's because nobody wants to play in South Dakota. He also said we made Norelia look like an all-american. haha

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  What power said. Also mentioned that we shot really poorly against them last year at the Pentagon, and he's starting to think a lot of that has to do with FGCU's defense. Said their advantage was on the inside and ours was on the outside. The ESPN3 announcer said last year's game was played in Sioux City and Nagy corrected him.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

What power said. Also mentioned that we shot really poorly against them last year at the Pentagon, and he's starting to think a lot of that has to do with FGCU's defense. Said their advantage was on the inside and ours was on the outside. The ESPN3 announcer said last year's game was played in Sioux City and Nagy corrected him.
                    I think their length bothered us.

Happy with a win. Two more then conference.

Comment

They did the Sioux City thing half a dozen times during the game. Thankfully the announcers got a little more serious as the game went on. The first few minutes they should have been wearing polka-dot suits and red rubber noses.

Comment

Wins are always pretty, especially road wins.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          Anyone else catch the announcer from Florida Gulf saying Nagy telling him about a new practice facility on the horizon at SDSU?
                          I didn't see or hear the game live, but the addition of a practice facility is part of the general plan to update Frost Arena, the next big project on the sports wish list. The practice facility would be added on the south side of Frost, I believe. It's definitely needed.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

I like this win despite the offensive struggles. Ugly road win vs top 100 team. I will take it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Me too. Fun to watch or not, every win we can pick up with our all-conference point guard out is a big bonus.

I expect more of the same against Middle TN, on the road at Weber and at Denver. We could easily drop one or two of those if Marshall is still out.

Comment

I've moved posts discussing a basketball practice facility to a new thread "Practice facil discussion". Now people won't have to apologize for thread drift. (Keep in mind there aren't any restrictions in place if someone wants to start a new thread. )

Comment

Working...
                                X