"Biggest" DI Jacks win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Biggest" DI Jacks win

I read the story on ESPN.com (it was an Associated Press story) about USD's double-overtime win over Minnesota yesterday. The story state the win was "the biggest win for the program in seven years playing Division I." Now, that was the claim in the AP story (wasn't made by anyone from USD) and this isn't the thread to debate, smack, whatever, that statement. But, that statement has me wondering what Jacks fans would considered the biggest win for the Jackrabbit men in the DI era.

While a fun win, it wasn't beating Big 10 Iowa. Pac 12 Washington? What about Colorado State in the opening of last year's NIT? How about some of those early wins in the DI era like the first time we won the Summit League to go to the NCAA Tourney? There are some memorable games.

Re: "Biggest" DI Jacks win

New Mexico was also a big win.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      New Mexico was also a big win.
      I would vote for New Mexico for the biggest win. That said, i was at both the mens wins at Iowa and Iowa State. ISU was a big win because it was surprising because the Jack team just wasn't too good and Hilton is a very tough place to play.. Iowa was big because i got to listen to their fans pizz and moan most of the game.

Comment

Its gotta be Colorado State. First DI postseason win. On the road to boot.

Comment

First Summit League championship game against WIU.
          Originally posted by JackFan96
          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            First Summit League championship game against WIU.
            I would vote for this also.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Washington
              It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                I would vote for this also.
                Me as well.

Second for me would be the NIT win over Colorado State last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Me as well.

Second for me would be the NIT win over Colorado State last year.
                  I was thinking the same. Winning a game in the NCAA tourney would top the Western Illinois game.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
                    Washington

Beating a ranked New Mexico team in The Pit is bigger than beating Washington.
                    1. Western Illinois(Summit Championship)
                    2. Colorado St(NIT)
                    3. New Mexico(Ranked and winning in The Pit)
                    4. NDSU (Summit Championship)
                    5. Washington, Iowa and Iowa St. And maybe we can add Minnesota Tuesday night. I suppose we could add TCU for a tie for 5th also

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Beating a ranked New Mexico team in The Pit is bigger than beating Washington.
                      1. Western Illinois(Summit Championship)
                      2. Colorado St(NIT)
                      3. New Mexico(Ranked and winning in The Pit)
                      4. NDSU (Summit Championship)
                      5. Washington, Iowa and Iowa St. And maybe we can add Minnesota Tuesday night. I suppose we could add TCU for a tie for 5th also
                      Well said. Minnesota is young this year, talented but so young. Should be a pick um game.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Well said. Minnesota is young this year, talented but so young. Should be a pick um game.
                        The Yotes didn't do the Jacks any favors by winning on Saturday. The Gophers won't be looking past this one now. Jordan Murphy is going to be a big-time player for the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          The Yotes didn't do the Jacks any favors by winning on Saturday. The Gophers won't be looking past this one now. Jordan Murphy is going to be a big-time player for the Gophers.
                          Murphy is a monster. Double, double machine. I think the Jacks are in for the Gopher's best effort. I also think SDSU is better and expects to win.

Any USD fan that thinks this win was something huge is naïve. My experience tells me most will think its a huge upset. It's not.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Beating the Gophers this year isn't a huge upset. Jacks would be a 6 pt pick at Frost. That being said, I was pulling for a Gopher win on Sat just because it would most likely set up a bit better for us on Sat. The gophers are probably more athletic overall and Murphy should be good. They aren't nearly as skilled as the jacks. I expected a win before Sat and I still do. Just bit a bit more complicated than had the gophers won.
                            Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
                              Beating the Gophers this year isn't a huge upset. Jacks would be a 6 pt pick at Frost. That being said, I was pulling for a Gopher win on Sat just because it would most likely set up a bit better for us on Sat. The gophers are probably more athletic overall and Murphy should be good. They aren't nearly as skilled as the jacks. I expected a win before Sat and I still do. Just bit a bit more complicated than had the gophers won.
                              Pitino has shown with this group of freshmen and next year's incoming class that he can recruit. The jury is still out on how well he can coach. The Gophers don't have much for size that can play beyond Murphy. If I were coaching the Jacks, I would go at Murphy with Theisen and Daum and try to get him in foul trouble. And don't let Joey King beat you from behind the arc.

Comment

Working...
                              X