GDT: Wayne State Wildcats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Wayne State Wildcats

Should be a nice little tune-up right before the Minnesota game. I expect a 30+ point win. I would like to see Theisen, Daum, and Devine to establish themselves down low right away.
    Coach Nagy's son, Tyler, plays for Wayne State. His number is #3(wonder why). The Wildcats are 1-4 on the season.

Re: GDT: Wayne State Wildcats

I don't know how long they'll stay aggressive and focused, but your 30 point win prediction certainly looks possible so far. Jacks are up 32-17 with 7:00 to go in the game.

Daum has played less than 10:00 and already has 12 points. He definitely looks to score nearly every time he touches the ball.

Otherwise we look a lot like we have in every lower- level game I can remember: less than sharp but clearly more talented.

Comment

43-27 half

Negatives:
      pretty sloppy with 8 turnovers
      Telly seems out of control tonight
      Parks missed a dunk

Positives
      Scoring down low
      13-13 from the free throw line

Marshall hasn't scored yet tonight. He should be looking for his shots in the 2nd half.

Comment

I know it's only Wayne St on a Wed night, but good god this team is flat tonight. Zero combined points by Jake, George and Reed so far...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

SDSU wins 80-53

Next Game: 12/8 @ Minnesota

Comment

Watched the first half and then read Nagy's comments afterwards. Pretty overall selfish effort against a team that quite frankly, they could afford to be selfish against. However, the KC loss and then the Wayne State game makes me wonder a bit if some of the boys are reading their press clippings a bit too often. This team was off to a great start because of unselfish play and balance. Last two games saw them trending away from that formula. I fully expect a win tomorrow night but would like to see a return to sharing the basketball. Gophers will be on fire early (effortwise) i'm sure but the 5,000 people at the barn will become very dissinterested quickly if they sense another pending loss.
            Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Working...
            X