GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ TCU Horned Frogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ TCU Horned Frogs

Very good road win. The Jacks could use some more pounds at the four for rebounding and defense, but this a tough, talented and deep team that is playing well.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Nope not going to happen. Does she make her speech if they lose? No.
      I think she does. Leading up to the game, she showed nothing but huge respect to SDSU in any article. Also, she is a national champion coach, been to the Final Four seven times and is a 3 time runner up. That is something that AJ or Nagy can't compare to so I have no idea why people keep comparing Muffet to AJ or Nagy. Now back to the boys game...
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        17 points and 8 rebounds against a Big 12 team in only his third "real" game.

We may need to start trying out terms like "Daumination" or "Dauminating".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        His Twitter name is @dauminator24

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          You're DAUM right we need to come up with a nickname for him.
          LOL. Good one.

Comment

This team has the potential to win an NCAA tourney game. I'd like to see Nagy develop a little more depth then usual, get us to 8 guys that can all be counted on in the tourney. Play fast on offense and absolutely clamp down on D, I mean make teams hate playing us and outhustle every one every time.

Wish we had a better home schedule.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              This team has the potential to win an NCAA tourney game. I'd like to see Nagy develop a little more depth then usual, get us to 8 guys that can all be counted on in the tourney. Play fast on offense and absolutely clamp down on D, I mean make teams hate playing us and outhustle every one every time.

Wish we had a better home schedule.
              The key, as always, is to not lose to "lesser" teams. Keep dominating teams all year and get rewarded. The "one game at a time" mantra is huge because any loss gives the selection committee a reason to drop them. This is what all mid-major teams face.

Keep the foot on the accelerator and roll each and every team they face.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                The key, as always, is to not lose to "lesser" teams. Keep dominating teams all year and get rewarded. The "one game at a time" mantra is huge because any loss gives the selection committee a reason to drop them. This is what all mid-major teams face.

Keep the foot on the accelerator and roll each and every team they face.
                Seems like this team does a good job of this. We've gotten up big in the first half of games, and sometimes in the past, this would mean a letdown to start the 2nd half. This team has extended leads out of the gate in the 2nd half a few times already. Yeah, we've let teams back into games, but it seems like we've done a really good job of stepping on throats as well.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  Seems like this team does a good job of this. We've gotten up big in the first half of games, and sometimes in the past, this would mean a letdown to start the 2nd half. This team has extended leads out of the gate in the 2nd half a few times already. Yeah, we've let teams back into games, but it seems like we've done a really good job of stepping on throats as well.
                  Basketball, at every level, and unlike any other sport is a game of runs. Very rarely are games back and forth within a bucket or two the whole way. Its about which team can make the most runs and extend them at the right time while breaking the other teams streak. Notre Dame nearly buried our women at the end of the first half but we hung in there. Then, they wore us down in the 2nd half, clamped down on D and SDSU didn't make shots. Before you know it ND's is up 14 and the game is over.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I realize it's terribly early, but according to rpiforecast, we are favorites to every remaining game, with the lowest percentages at 60% against Minnesota and 56% against Texas Tech.

We have an opportunity to have very special seasons in both men's and women's basketball this season.

Comment

Assume you were there and saw the whole thing unfold? If you were, you certainly took it differently than almost everybody in the audience. She expressed her sincere thoughts on how exciting the whole night was, crowd into it, two good teams battling it out, and just wanted to express her opinion that this is the kind of atmosphere that women's basketball needs. I talked to dozens of people afterward and they all took it the same way as I did. First time she has ever done it, and probably never will again...but she said she was so impressed she decided she needed to speak to the audience to express her appreciation. Take it how you want, and again, assuming you were there, you can certainly take it anyway you want.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        The only concern is that the Jacks, both men and women, are a jump shooting team first. As long as they are making shots things open up on the inside. Both AJ and Nagy will need to make sure to keep everyone's legs fresh.

I'm excited to watch both these teams all season.
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          I realize it's terribly early, but according to rpiforecast, we are favorites to every remaining game, with the lowest percentages at 60% against Minnesota and 56% against Texas Tech.

We have an opportunity to have very special seasons in both men's and women's basketball this season.
                          This is very interesting to look at. 54% chance we finish 22-5 or better. 85% chance we finish 20-7 or better. I was already thinking that anything less than 20 wins would be disappointing, this just reassures me that this goal is attainable.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            The only concern is that the Jacks, both men and women, are a jump shooting team first. As long as they are making shots things open up on the inside. Both AJ and Nagy will need to make sure to keep everyone's legs fresh.

I'm excited to watch both these teams all season.
                            I think we have enough penetration (not the backside kind, though) to do well. Marshall and Deondre, obviously, but Telly seems like he's added off dribble/midrange stuff to his game. Add in Moffit and Bittle's timely/crafty penetration, and we've got a good foundation.
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                            X