Exibition GDT: SDMT vs. SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exibition GDT: SDMT vs. SDSU

A quick look at the roster for SDMT shows 16 engineer students. On paper, it appears to be a solid squad for size and experience. The athletic site does not show too much info for the players. The Jackrabbits have starters Marshall, Parks, Bittle and Tellinghuisen back from last year. The question mark is the post. We have Devine, Thiesen, or Daum as logical choices to fill the middle. It is also logical that whoever starts tonight may not start on the 13th. There seems to be a quality of depth this year for the team. It is also puzzling if there is a redshirt in the mix. Dykman seems to be a freshman who will be an impact player for the Jackrabbits. Could Gentry have a chance to play this year as a point guard or does he go redshirt to step up next year? It would seem unlikely that Moffitt would go to the bench or he could swing to the #2 more. A big question is everyone healthy going into the season. I have understood that the practices have been lively and physical. Also, according to reports(Zimmer), we should see a kinder and gentler Coach Nagy! Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Exibition GDT: SDMT vs. SDSU

I will believe the kinder,gentler Scott Nagy when I see it (and I'm not sure that would be a good thing). After watching the winter sports video,it appeared to me that his comments on that were pretty tongue-in-cheek. As far as redshirts go,I believe he has said that none of the freshmen may be redshirted. If that's the case,I hope they all get enough minutes,especially in the non-conference schedule, to justify burning the redshirts.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I will believe the kinder,gentler Scott Nagy when I see it (and I'm not sure that would be a good thing). After watching the winter sports video,it appeared to me that his comments on that were pretty tongue-in-cheek. As far as redshirts go,I believe he has said that none of the freshmen may be redshirted. If that's the case,I hope they all get enough minutes,especially in the non-conference schedule, to justify burning the redshirts.
      Oh yes, incredibly tongue-in-cheek. The only thing we are in danger of is discovering through moments like this one is that there might actually be a personality there underneath all the perfectionism and cantankerousness.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

No video for the game through gojacks.com? All I'm seeing is an audio link.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          No video for the game through gojacks.com? All I'm seeing is an audio link.
          You would think that with all the production problems they have had with football videos that they would use these games to make sure they have their ducks in a row for basketball season.

Comment

In the past, the video symbol would often not show up until nearly tipoff. I would expect video tonight and hope to be watching it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely not a good way to expand a subscription service.A good product will sell itself.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Definitely not a good way to expand a subscription service.A good product will sell itself.
                Considering that all of the SDSU games I've watched so far this year have been via WatchESPN, I am seriously reconsidering the wisdom of the investment in Jackrabbit Extra.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Considering that all of the SDSU games I've watched so far this year have been via WatchESPN, I am seriously reconsidering the wisdom of the investment in Jackrabbit Extra.
                  I refuse to purchase Jackrabbit Extra. There is getting to be more and more Jacks games on nationally available TV every year. I've been able to watch every football game I've been around for through DirecTV. For those not available on the tube it's the Tune-in App and WNAX.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I refuse to purchase Jackrabbit Extra. There is getting to be more and more Jacks games on nationally available TV every year. I've been able to watch every football game I've been around for through DirecTV. For those not available on the tube it's the Tune-in App and WNAX.
                    If Jackrabbit Extra had a high quality and reliable feed, I would have no problem paying for it. Until then, I'll work around it and not be missing out on much.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      The only downfall to that is that not as many women's games are shown.

The men have 16 games on Root Sports (1), Fox Sports(3), Midco/ESPN3(10), and ESPN3(2) this year
                      The women have 7 games on Midco/ESPN3 (6) and ESPN3 (1).

So if you want to watch the women play you have to purchase it or your going to miss a good majority of the season.

Comment

It's definitely been worth it for me the last several years. ESPN3 is cutting into the value, but as SanDakota said, they don't offer many WBB games and I enjoy those as much as the men.

That being said, I'll be really disappointed I'd they don't have video tonight. It's time to get a D1 level of coverage. Get the kinks worked out already!

Comment

Where is Flatten?
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Where is Flatten?
                            Had minor knee surgery and is out 4-6 weeks per Tyler Merriam

Comment

Anyone else having trouble accessing their Jackrabbit Extra account?
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X