Love from CBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love from CBS

Jacks in top quarter of CBS's D-1 ranking.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...eam-from-1-351

Re: Love from CBS

79. South Dakota State: The Jackrabbits will have three returning senior starters, but they do lose their best player in Cody Larson. Still, they'll be the favorites in the Summit League.
    132. North Dakota State: Replacing Lawrence Alexander won't be easy, but it never is to replace a conference's player of the year. Still, four-year starter Kory Brown will help stem the tide, and North Dakota high school's all-time leading scorer A.J. Jacobson could step into more of a featured role.
    190. Denver: The Pioneers are the slowest team in America, and that likely won't change any time soon under Joe Scott. He'll have an experienced group coming back that should perform a bit better than last year.
    195. IPFW: THE MASTODONS. Stumbled at the end of last season by losing four of their last five. Loses seven guys total between seniors and transfers. Will dip a little bit from 16-15 in '14-15.
    199. South Dakota: The Coyotes will have six seniors getting meaningful minutes, so another 17- or 18-win season is possible.
    203. Oral Roberts: We think this team is going to be about the same as last season, when it finished 199 in KenPom. Obi Emegano returns, which is huge, because the program lost four guys to transfer.
    254. IUPUI: There was improvement here under Jason Gardner, going from six to 10 wins in his first year in charge with a lot of close losses. Look for another solid uptick here, but they're still not quite Tourney bound.
    316. Nebraska-Omaha: They play at one of the fastest tempos in America, and will have some returning experienced seniors. They won't compete at the top of the Summit, but maybe they can reach mid-league?
    326. Western Illinois: They won one of their last 15 games last season, so it's hard to say that momentum is on their side. Look for hopeful offensive improvement.

Comment

UND was 328th. Ouch.

Comment

I had to think for a second about whether or not I agreed that Larson was our best player. I think in the end that's probably true, but it was super close. We return a lot of depth this year, and I expect we'll have another season where the leading scorer changes on a night to night basis.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
        X