Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Recruits

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    There are only 14 players listed on the 2016-17 roster, including two seniors and at least one walk-on. I believe the men get 13 scholarships. So there appears to be room for at least three scholarship recruits plus maybe another player or two to get the roster up to 15 or so.

http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
    I don't get your math. There are 13 scholly players on the roster + Beau Brown. 2 scholly players graduate, leaving 2 open for 2017 at this point. Unless someone else isn't on scholarship?
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

There are only 14 players listed on the 2016-17 roster, including two seniors and at least one walk-on. I believe the men get 13 scholarships. So there appears to be room for at least three scholarship recruits plus maybe another player or two to get the roster up to 15 or so.

I believe Beau Brown is the only known walk-on. That means there will be two scholarships available through graduation.

Comment

Yeah there are 14 players on the roster right now. 13 of them are on scholarship (the max). After Hess and Orris graduate, that only leaves 2 open scholarships available. Right now 3 players have committed for the 2017 class. That would put 15 players and 14 on scholarship (1 over the max).

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/south-dakota-state

See the -1 under the 2017 spots available. You can't be negative.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          14 on the roster and Beau Brown is a walk on. 2 are seniors. Would any of the new commits be a walk on? Or a promise of scholarship after a year?
          That is another possibility.

Comment

And we thought Krabbenhoft was going to open up WI to recruiting.....
            Pulling these guys away from UWGB and Milwaukee shows that our coaches are making a strong impression. It will be nice to give them a renovated arena to add to the sales pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
              Matt Zimmer
              ‏@argusmattz
              SDSU men get another 2017 verbal. Alex Arians from Madison, Wisc. AAU teammate of today's earlier verbal, Ryan Krueger. 6-4 guard.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/alex-arians
              Alex Arians looks to be a crafty player on both the offensive and defensive end. Check out his HUDL Highlights.

Appears Arians and Krueger's AAU team, The WI Swing, had a pretty good summer. Beat Coach Nagy and Wright State out for his commitment as well, which is nice.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Is it just me or is the national recognition of what coach otz is doing on the recruiting trail awesome. It might not mean anything but I don't remember SDSU getting this much coverage ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                  Is it just me or is the national recognition of what coach otz is doing on the recruiting trail awesome. It might not mean anything but I don't remember SDSU getting this much coverage ever.
                  Big difference over the last couple of years when we were still scrambling to find players in the spring signing period.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Alex Arians looks to be a crafty player on both the offensive and defensive end. Check out his HUDL Highlights.

Appears Arians and Krueger's AAU team, The WI Swing, had a pretty good summer. Beat Coach Nagy and Wright State out for his commitment as well, which is nice.
                    Nice to land players who can create their own shots without having to have two or three screens set for them to get open.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      I don't get your math. There are 13 scholly players on the roster + Beau Brown. 2 scholly players graduate, leaving 2 open for 2017 at this point. Unless someone else isn't on scholarship?
                      I fixed the math, but apparently not before you responded. Sorry.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Arians reminds me a lot of Brayden Carlson. Anyone else getting that vibe?
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Teddy Allen, a 6'5" SF out of Boys Town, NE, has been offer by the Jacks.

From what I've gathered, he has had a dominate month of July on the summer basketball circuit, particularly at the Sanford Pentagon event that just finished up. He apparently moved from Arizona to Nebraska not all that long ago.

Below is a slightly dated video, which might not be a great gauge of his current skills considering that his recruiting has only recently pick up.

Love the new commits. Glad to see this. However, we are not getting Teddy. He is exploding and high major offers are likely soon. Would have loved to get him too. Dominant.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                            Arians reminds me a lot of Brayden Carlson. Anyone else getting that vibe?
                            Rewatched the highlights and I can see how Brayden comes to mind. Arians movements look similar to Carlson's, particularly when he is finishing layups. I think Alex's offensive game utilizes changing of speed/direction more than Brayden, who was pretty hard nosed, straight-ahead when attacking the rim, but then again, the comparison is looking at a high school level athlete against a college level athlete. Kids have to adapt their game when moving to the next level, so who knows how Arians game will look against college competition?
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

How about going a little further back with a comparison... Mitch Lane

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                                How about going a little further back with a comparison... Mitch Lane
                                Mitch who?

Comment

Working...
                                X