D-II Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D-II Bracketology

I believe Kearney was also ranked ahead of us in the region and the nation in 2002 when the #1 seed was awarded to SDSU (UNK was #13 SDSU was #17).
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I remember being tickled to get Fort Hays on our home floor (they beat State in the regional final the year before down in Fort Hays), but also thinking a little that Ft. Hays got the shaft. Imagine, they were the reigning national champions and had won something like 60 out of their last 61 games and had to travel to the unfriendly confines of Frost to defend their regional crown.

USD also got the short end of the stick the year they won the NCC regular season title and ended up staying home for the regional.

Maybe it's Metro's turn to get screwed? ;D ;D

Comment

Final NCC standings:

Nebraska-Omaha 10-4 20-7
        South Dakota State 9-5 25-5
        South Dakota 8-6 19-8
        North Dakota State 8-6 15-12
        Minnesota State 7-7 19-9
        St. Cloud State 7-7 17-10
        North Dakota 5-9 15-13
        Augustana 2-12 6-21

SDSU, UNO and USD are in the regional based on their performances so far this year.  I think MSU still has an outside shot if they can win 2 of their next 3 (or of course the tourney title).  SCSU's only chance is tourney champs.

Metro will be the #1 seed regardless of the outcome of the RMAC tourney.  I still think the Jacks can get a #2 seed but we could fall back as far as #6 with NSU, UNO, UNK, USD and Metro ahead of us.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Conference tourneys begin tonight (NCC) and tomorrow for the NSIC and RMAC.  I think there could be suprises in all 3.  I expect Metro to win the RMAC and SDSU to win the NCC but anything could happen in the NSIC.

I believe both Bemidji (NSIC champs) and Northern will get regional bids regardless.  There could be an upset winner in the tourney giving NSIC 3 teams. Anybody has a shot.

http://www.northernsun.org/Sports/Ba...nt_bracket.pdf

Metro and UNK are locks from the RMAC and I think one of them will win the tourney unless UNK is not for real and gets upset early.  Ft. Lewis has an outside shot but I think they have to beat Metro to get in.  This gives the RMAC 2 or 3 teams depending on the NSIC tourney.

http://www.rmacsports.org/2004rmacshootoutbracket.pdf

This still leaves 3 spots ripe for the taking by NCC teams.  SDSU and UNO are in regardless of NCC tourney outcome with seeding in the balance.  I think MSU still has a far outside shot if the can beat USD and give SDSU a tough game.  USD needs to beat MSU to be assured of anything.  NDSU and SCSU need the automatic bid.

We could fall back has far as a #6 seed with a loss in the NCC tourney.  With the championship I think we can still get the #2 seed although UNK and NSU can still sneak ahead of us if they win their tourneys.  It would be nice to get that #2 seed and avoid Metro until the championship game.

Comment

Working...
          X