Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v. USD (1 last time, maybe)

Originally posted by jackmd
    Nice comeback by the Jacks, just couldn't get anything to go on the offensive end for the 2nd night in a row.  Tough loss for us fans to swallow.  

I hope the team can learn from this weekend.  I would like another shot at USD in the NCC  tourney.  They could be a #3 seed and we might see them in the semis.  Need to focus on UND Tuesday first.  This team has bounced back from a losing streak earlier this year and can do it again.  Not much time to prepare.  I wonder if Nagy will try to work Green and Jones into the line-up for the post-season.  Tough weekend.  I feel bad for the fans who traveled to Vermillion.

Nebraska-Omaha 89
    Augustana 68

North Dakota State 88
    St. Cloud State 84

Minnesota State 81
    North Dakota  77
    Doc,

Thanks for your prospective and unexpected optimism. :-/  I must say I am unusually down as I am so disappointed that we did not win a share of the NCC Regular Season Championship.  That is now water under the bridge and its time for the post season!  Lets dust ourselves off and get ready to beat the Sioux at Frost!

Go State!

Comment

Re: SDSU v. USD (1 last time, maybe)

I'd say its not so much optimism as expectation.  I am not ready for this season to end until the elite 8 in California.

Nagy really seems pesimistic.  He doesn't see any heart or confidence in the Jacks players.  I don't think he will sleep much tonight.  

Tonight and last night the Jacks just could not score and they couldn't get defensive stops in the last 5 minutes.  You don't win many games at the end of the year or in the post-season when you play that way.

Have a Bud for me, Goyotes.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: SDSU v. USD (1 last time)

I don't have my password at home so had to use a new name. Anyway, I already had a cold one Doc, but I think I may have another. The Jacks could really use a healthy Matt Jones. In recent years, the Jacks would dominate the inside against most teams and especially the Yotes, but their inside game was pretty nonexistent tonight.

Till we meet again.

Comment

Congrads to the Coyotes as painfull as it is to say it.
          Its just a game.  The Yotes were fired up and were the best team tonight. Maybe a match up in Omaha, who knows.

I think this SDSU team is one of the most talented in history if not the most.  Some of the early 1980's teams had some real talent and I never got to see them play.  I think this years team has lacked consistency. Coach Nagy should go back to telling the guys that if you dont expect to win two on the road dont get on the bus. I have not heard that one for a few years and maybe it has not been said. We just have not been a good road team this year.

Comment

Is USD playing us next year. I'm not sure if this has already been decided or not, but I haven't heard anything about basketball next year.

Comment

Although I dont have access to the proposed schedule so far, the word is no we will not play USD next year simply because USD will not come to Frost, and only membership in the NCC would force SDSU to go back to Vermillion. Why do suppose USD would be upset with the series ending? Its because at least 3000 of the 8500 at the dome last weekend represent tickets sold to SDSU fans. At 15 bucks a crack, its 45,000 dollars extra that the USD athletic department now has. Next year with out SDSU coming to Vermillion, this is 45000 bucks that they wont have. USD will not be able to make up somehow in another venue. There are no other opponents that will bring that in. Not even Augie.

It would be very interesting to know how many of the 3800 that attended the USD-Augie the game the night before were Augie supporters. My guess many less than maybe 3000 or more of SDSU fans that attended the following evening.

When you consider all the conscessions that USD has made to its boosters and fans its no wonder they can not support more than a 2.2 million budget. One example was giving boosters season tickets for ten years in exchange for building the dome donations.

There are others. USD was suppose to raise 9 million for the new roof on the dome that cost 14 million in total. Five million came from the Attorney General's tobacco fund that was won against Phillip Morris and allocated to 50 states. Janklow had a hand in that. No news has been published on how they raised the other 9 million. USD has more money problems than what you can shake a stick at. The Argus never touches those subjects because they are embarrassing.

SDSU's budget is 4 million and growing. We have found venues to increase spending for 20 sports, USD has not.

Has the Argus ever done a detailed feature article on SDSU and USD Budgets? The answer is no because its a big embarrassing difference.

Comment

It will take quite awhile for SDSU to forget the tasteless acts by USD students and alumni which happened prior to and during the games last Saturday night. There will be no basketball games between SDSU and USD for a long time. I won't say never, but it won't be in the forseeable future.

Comment

I agree. Alumni Guy sounds like someone close to those making scheduling decisions. Look forward to a rematch with the Yotes in Omaha..I will drive back to Omaha to see that smirk come off Mueller's face!

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                    It will take quite awhile for SDSU to forget the tasteless acts by USD students and alumni which happened prior to and during the games last Saturday night.  There will be no basketball games between SDSU and USD for a long time.  I won't say never, but it won't be in the forseeable future.  
                    I wish I could say more about the object of the slanderous T Shirt, namely Dr. Oien, but there are all sorts of legal ramifications that force me to hold my tongue and Dr Oien is my friend, so you want only the best to happen to him.  For me or anyone to speculate in details is dangerous, but do offer a very speculative and general scenario that I think was going on at USD last week prior to the game.

I will say that legal action could be taken over this matter and being a public figure and the first amendent argument would hold up for so long.  USD could end up in court again before this is all over.  NOTICE I SAID COULD AND NOT WOULD.  

The quick letter and action by the USD administration seems to be about possible ligation.  In the past they thought this was okay and part of rivalry and those rowdy students could be students, but that too has limits.  The limit may have been exceeded.

There is no doubt in my mind that President Miller will approve any game contract any time soon with USD based on the T Shirt. There may be other reasons too.  I dont see President Miller extending the olive branch towards Vermillion. She no doubt has her reasons.

Comment

Maybe this isn't the last time either, but here we go again.  Siem (kid off the bench) had another good game tonight.  Tommie King showed up tonight.  Boots is ready to go.  He knows how important this game is to the future of his program.  USD's win tonight likely puts them in the regional along with UNO and SDSU.

We need this win over USD on Friday if not simply based on principal.  The good guy has to beat the bad guy in the end.  GO JACKS, GO MATT JONES, take us to the NCC tourney championship.

North Dakota State 87
                      St. Cloud State 74

* South Dakota State 74
                      North Dakota 63

* South Dakota 97
                      Minnesota State 82

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                      X