Matt Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matt Jones

Anymore info on Matt? I cannot confirm that he was seen at the Mayo Clinic or diagnosed with anything. I also cannot dispell the rumors as false.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Sleep apnea is nothing to trifle with. I spent the first half of the '90's in a daze. My doctor kept trying to treat an allergy. He retired, and when I went in to a new doctor and described my symptoms. He looked at me, said "I think I know what's wrong with you," and scheduled me for a sleep study.

I wouldn't wish apnea on anyone. It's very unpleasantly like staying up all night and living the hour between 4 and 5 am. ALL THE TIME. Wake up tired, go to work tired, go home tired go to sleep tired, wake up in the middle of the night, try to sleep, wake up tired. Repeat until your heart gives out due to lack of oxygen or you kill yourself with some fatigue-based accident. I'm glad someone noticed and caught it before something really bad happened to me.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert:
        You are not alone, I have sleep apena too and I have a dated CPAP machine that needs to be replaced. Thats why I am often up and posting at 3AM and doing other things. When I had a swollen lypmph node nearly ten years ago, and my internist wanted to do a byopsy because it continued to remain swollen after my cold/flu disappeared. The surgeon has a procedure of meetin all her patients prior to the scheduled surgery.

The surgeon recommended a sleep clinic, but my internist thought she was nuts. I went because my health insurance paid the bill, and yes I did have sleep apena but I still have a 1995 model CPAP machine which functions but not completely helpful in getting a good nights sleep.

The other mention of Matt having Lymes disease is not bad news by any means. I understand that is treatable with antibotics. Maybe jackmd can explain more here, but either way or both, I think we should see Matt back on the court soon.

Comment

I received an e-mail from a friend in Sioux Falls. Evidently Coach Nagy was there on Monday and told a group of people that Matt Jones was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Coach said there was a possibility that Jones might join the team at the end of the season. Coach also told the crowd that Jones was the best player he's ever coached. That is great praise from a very good coach who has had some very good players.

Comment

Here is a link to the Mayo Clinic website where you can review some info regarding Lyme disease, if you so desire. It is quite comprehensive and requires a few minutes to review. Check it out if you are curious. The signs and symptoms, complications and treatment sections are the most interesting/informative.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm...5451078402A989

You sleep apnea guys can check out this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm...F482B2CB33E645

I can certainly help you get an appointment in the Sleep clinic at Mayo if you are interested.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Anyone heard info on Matt Jones?

Comment

Word is he had Lyme's disease. Matt's been undergoing antibiotics treatments and (at least as of last weekend) might be coming back as soon as at Augie this Saturday. Haven't heard anything since.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If we have any posters on campus who can take a sneak at practice and we see Matt out there practicing then we have at least some idea on where his health progress is at this point. If he sitting on the sideline during the entire practice in street closes, then it may be awhile. Anyone been able to eyeball practice this week?

Comment

It takes a little time for the antibiotics to do their work.   I suspect he will be back in a limited role soon.  My hope is he can be 90-100% by the NCC tournament.

On another note, I just connected to my new cable internet, 2.0 Mbps (upgrade from dial-up modem 44 Kbps).  I shouldn't have any trouble connecting to the WNAX webcasts now!!  HAPPY DAY.

Comment

I don't think Jones would play this weekend even if he was able to. Why would Nagy give the North Dakota schools a week to prepare for him coming back, when he could have them practicing for two different teams i.e. a team with a strong center presence, and a team that beat them last time.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan
                        I don't think Jones would play this weekend even if he was able to.  Why would Nagy give the North Dakota schools a week to prepare for him coming back, when he could have them practicing for two different teams i.e. a team with a strong center presence, and a team that beat them last time.
                        The ND schools  are the furtherest thing in Nagy's mind. I think he would just want a healthy Jones as every one wants. I was just trying to get an update on whether he was practicing. Besides the ND schools got all sorts of video on Jones so they will prepare whether plays Saturday or not.  Wow what you said.  Matt Jones is a great player but he is hardly a mystery to any of the NCC schools.

Comment

It would also be nice for him to shake a little of the rust off. It is always hard to come back after such a long lay off.

Go State!

Comment

I agree with 89 Rabbitt I think if he is able to get on the court and regain a little confidence with a few minutes of playing time that could help him down the road. Maybe he will just get out on the floor with warmups and get a feel for being part of the team again.

Comment

SDSU Fan- I wasn't trying to say that Jones would be a huge surprise for other schools, I'm sure they do know what to expect from him. I was only saying that not knowing about his condition, or if they will even have to deal with him will create an extra burden on them in their preperation for the game. I do think though, that NDSU, with their lack of a strong center presence (I doubt if May could do a decent job of guarding him, disagree if you want) would have a tough match up problem trying to stop Jones inside and containing shantz like the want to after the last game. Then again, I think most teams will have this problem.

Comment

Has anyone heard status of Jones. Is he practicing yet? I saw him walking around at the Augie game and he looks much more alert and engaged with the team. Would be wonderful if he could give us some minutes this weekend. Lot of talk again over on Sioux Board about the Jones/Glas and Oien situation last year after the UND game. Of course the Oien situation brought this up again.

Comment

Working...
                                X