ALL Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ALL Conference

I agree with you 100% TJF. The pipeline from Huron to Brookings continues next year. If there were some truth to it that pipeline would be heading south to the U. Like I said, they are just rumors I hear while living in the armpit of SD :'(. Like you said, wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by goyotes
      Any truth to the rumor that Vogel will follow the good example of Koupal and transfer to the U.
      Great example, leave and miss out on being a National Champion. Nice move Koupal, you have to wonder if that decision keeps her up at night. ;D

Go State! 2003 NCAA National Champions!

Comment

In a collegian article about athletes relationships they stated Sieler was dating a guy who attends USD. I for one would not be that dissapointed if she left. She might play good defense but she was a real liability on the offensive end with a lot of unforced turnovers. I was more impressed with her as a freshman. I also wouldn't be surprised if AJ went to Mankato. If he is comfortable with coaching at the DII level it would be a good up and coming program with one of the best facilities in DII and in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. In terms of Vogel I would be very suprised if she transferred to another DII school. She has DI talent and knew coming in that SDSU could make the move. The only thing that could maybe change her mind was if the NCC was such an enjoyable experience that she wants to remain in the conference and play the majority of games near her home of St. Peter.

Comment

I think the team would take a much bigger hit than you think Jackguy if Seiler left. I think she is somewhat the sparkplug of the team. She leads the team in assists( fifth in the conference) in steals (fourth in the conf.) and she is eighth in the conference in assist to turnover ratio. She doesn't even lead the team in turnovers (Vogel has about 10 more on the season) even though she handles the ball a majority of the time. Plus she plays her tail off on defense everynight. To me, she is all we could want as a point guard. ;D
          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

This whole thread has taken a wierd turn. A USD fan, tries to make a joke and all of a sudden we are talking about who is going to leave like it is going to happen. I don't think anyone is going anywhere.

Go State!

Comment

I will be sure to keep all informed of any additional rumors I hear?

Comment

After the Regionals are over no one will care because we will be D-I and USD will be D-II.

Go State!

Comment

I saw virtually every game both on the road and at home and I saw a different Sieler than her freshman year who constantly hurt her team. She is a great athlete I just feel she hasn't got better this year and was outplayed by many of the other point guards in the year. I think we can do better and need to with the move up.

Comment

"Re: ALL Conference

"constantly hurt her team", come on :-[

Comment

Listen I'm as big a Jack fan as anyone on this board. I'm also not such a rube that I won't call out a player that had a less than a stellar year. Sitting in the middle of Jack faithful both on the road and at home people were constantly commenting about the dumb mental errors Heather is consistently making. Doesn't mean I'm not pulling for her. How many games did you see live?

Comment

As a former Jackrabbit student I have enjoyed many opportunites to attend many jackrabbit games over the years. My finacee (spelling??) is a huge supporter of women's basketball and really is the reason why I became interested in jackrabbit women's bball. Over the past 4 years (probably a drop in the bucket compared to most members here) I have followed wbb very closely. I have have sat with the students and the jackrabbit faithful in the reserved seats and on the road. Last years regional's we were fortunate to sit in the lower level reserved section. While cheering for the jacks and Sieler I couldn't help but notice how much complaining the jackrabbit faithful focused towards Sieler. THey would moan if wouldn't shoot an open three, gasp if she did, wonder what she was doing if she drove to the hoop and if she committed a turnover-well, I won't go there. My point is that, in my opinion, I couldn't believe what they were saying about her and her play. She played a great game. Jackguy, I have no doubt that you know your basketball from reading your posts, most of the jackrabbit faithful have no idea about what is going on out on the court (maybe on overstatement but it's just my opinion based on my experiences). I do recognize she makes mistakes out on the floor, but I hope you realize that she is (was) one of the better point gaurds in the ncc the last 2 years.

Comment

All of this negative and positive commentary stems from rumors. We are each entitled to our own opinions regarding the team and the individual players. However, it really only matters how the coaches and other players feel about each other. I suspect Sieler is just as important to this teams success (lets not forget they are the defending national champs and current co-NCC champs) as any other player. It would be a shame for anyone to leave this team just because of the move to DI, players or coaches. That would be an unfortunate consequence of the move.

I, for one, hope everyone (except the seniors, of course) wil be back next year to help SDSU blaze a trail in women's DI basketball.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'm not debating that she isn't one of the better point guards in the league and in fact I saw her battle well against a Top DI team in University of Minnesota. I also think she is one of the better conditioned athletes in the NCC. What I saw on the court was some poor judgement when firing the ball up court on a break when it wasn't there, bad passes into the post, bad decisions taking 3s early in the shot clock when we should have been taking time off the clock and driving the ball inside repeatedly and getting stuffed by much bigger players. I think physically she is very gifted however as the point guard she needs to improve her decision making ability and be conscious of what the situtation calls for. I think Steph Schuller doesn't have near the physical tools yet she is smarter with the ball on the floor. Maybe it was a sophmore funk. Obviously the coaches voted her defensive player of the year and honerable mention so what does this old former point guard know!

Comment

Jackguy-

I bet you gotta few assists left in ya! ;D

Comment

I didn't mean to cause any controversy on the board, i know we are all jacks faithful and we all have our own opinions. I agree with rabbit in verm that it seems the "jackfaithful" seem to get negative rather quickly at many of the games whether it be towards players, coaches, or especially refs. I had the opportunity to sit in the lower lever reserved for the St.Cloud/Mankato weekend as well as a couple of preseason games and it is almost to the point of annoying how negative a lot of the fans are. At one point i don't think any call the ref made was good.
                                Jackguy, i know i don't attend as many games as you do, i usually make it to all the home contests and the instate away games as i can, but unfortunately don't have the opportunity(both $$$ and family commitments to travel with the team). However, like a lot of us, it doesn't mean my ears aren't on KJJQ or WNAX friday and saturday nights during january and february.
                                Either way, this is a discussion board and i beleive this is what it is for = to discuss. I know i have a good time reading the posts whether i agree with them or not. Unfortunately my fiancee doesn't understand why i spend so much time on here. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X