Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NIT 2: Vandy 'Dores

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
    The season may have ended in a bit of disappointment, but over all it was a great year. I expect us to be the favorites in the Summit League next year.
    We will be the favorites next year.

Parks, Marshall, Bittle, Telly, Moffitt, Flatten, Theisen, and Severyn will be huge next year. Hopefully some new players contribute as well.

I think SDSU will be the favorite and ORU will be #2.

Let's hope that next season the shot clock is lowered to 30 seconds. Games are much more enjoyable, IMO.

Comment

Man what a tough day for sdsu. Both were in it in the second half then the flood gates opened. Don't often see a team put up points like that against us.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        I mean ... 17-21 FG shooting in one half is nuts. Jones and Siakam are going to be great for Vandy.
        I can't ever remember a team shooting like that for an entire half. It's not very often you score 50 in a half and get out-scored by 9. They only missed four shots and got offensive rebounds on 3 of the 4 misses.

Comment

Parks, Marshall, Bittle, Telly, Moffitt, Flatten, Theisen, and Severyn will be huge next year. Hopefully some new players contribute as well.

I think SDSU will be the favorite
          I'm biased, but I definitely agree. A co-champ team returning six of its top seven players is going to get some major attention. Larson will be hard to replace, but not nearly as hard as Alexander for NDSU.

This was a fun season and it's been great having Larson the last two years. He and Horstman did some good things here.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            I'm biased, but I definitely agree. A co-champ team returning six of its top seven players is going to get some major attention. Larson will be hard to replace, but not nearly as hard as Alexander for NDSU.

This was a fun season and it's been great having Larson the last two years. He and Horstman did some good things here.
            Theisen really came on towards the end of the year. I think we'll be okay at the post with him and Devine, and there's Daum and Doyle on the bench right now too. Four post-type players 6'8" or better. (Doyle and Devine are probably more cut out physically to be at the 4 than the 5 position, but still, you could work up a decent rotation I think.)

As always going into the off-season, the team, top to bottom, will need to get stronger.

I like our chances in 2015-16.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

According to the Bison roster, Alexander is the only player that will be replaced. Everyone else, including Warner will be back. Bison this and Bison that and this and that means they will be contending next year as well. Dave Richman is a very good coach, more so than I gave him credit when he got the job. I am with you though on Larson and Horstman. Horstman has great emotional control as he showed in the CSU game, but aggressive. He will be missed as much as Cody Larson.

Comment

That was a buzz saw!

We had a hand in their face on those shots and they still rained them in. What are you going to do? Obviously we didn't shoot it as well but you can't expect to keep that torrid pace either.

A great season for these guys for sure! Conference Champions and they won the first ever post-season game in the D-1 era at SDSU! You can never take that away from them!

More importantly than that, these three seniors have all proven to be fine men and will go on to live very good lives, lives only enriched by being a part of this team! Thanks to Cody, Cory, and Zach for being athletes that we can all be proud to have worn the SDSU uniform! It has been a pleasure!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  More importantly than that, these three seniors have all proven to be fine men and will go on to live very good lives, lives only enriched by being a part of this team! Thanks to Cody, Cory, and Zach for being athletes that we can all be proud to have worn the SDSU uniform! It has been a pleasure!

SUPERBUNNY
                  Jacobsen is a Jr.

Comment

I think SDSU will be the favorite and ORU will be #2.

Let's hope that next season the shot clock is lowered to 30 seconds. Games are much more enjoyable, IMO.
                    Pretty sure you can count on the 30 second clock being implemented for next season. The game has gotten incredibly boring and ugly. If you think the Bison play ugly, check out Virginia. SDSU and ORU will benefit from the shot clock change, NDSU will need to figure out how to adjust. Richman is a good coach. I have no doubt he can figure it out; eventually. Whether he has the offensive talent to do so next season will determine whether or not the Bison finish in the top half of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                      Pretty sure you can count on the 30 second clock being implemented for next season. The game has gotten incredibly boring and ugly. If you think the Bison play ugly, check out Virginia. SDSU and ORU will benefit from the shot clock change, NDSU will need to figure out how to adjust. Richman is a good coach. I have no doubt he can figure it out; eventually. Whether he has the offensive talent to do so next season will determine whether or not the Bison finish in the top half of the conference.
                      NDSU did put up 70 on the zags. with out check the season scores I would have to imagine they didnt have meny over 70. Werner was making circus shots it looked like. Maybe thats their new offense is just isolate and drive werner and hope he gets lucky? If anything I think Miller looks like he could be something good for them. Depends on how how deep they get for a bench. Their bench now wont cut it, but if they can play 8 deep they will probably be able to adjust fine. They figured how how to get back to the tourny after losing a coach and like 90% of their team from last year so I expect them to be there right there with us.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        NDSU did put up 70 on the zags. with out check the season scores I would have to imagine they didnt have meny over 70. Werner was making circus shots it looked like. Maybe thats their new offense is just isolate and drive werner and hope he gets lucky? If anything I think Miller looks like he could be something good for them. Depends on how how deep they get for a bench. Their bench now wont cut it, but if they can play 8 deep they will probably be able to adjust fine. They figured how how to get back to the tourny after losing a coach and like 90% of their team from last year so I expect them to be there right there with us.
                        The score was 86-76 same as the CSU-SDSU game. I watched the entire GU-NDSU game thinking SDSU played Saturday. That's another story. I would credit the NDSU coaching staff for picking up on Gonzaga not defending Werner off the dribble which made it a piece cake to throw it up there. I think Werner had 25 for the night and many of his shots were uncontested. I bet the Gonzaga coach is still scratching his head over that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                          I believe the Virginia coach is out of the same Wisconsin coaching tree that recent NDSU coaches have either come from or derived their systems from. (His son, actually, says Google.)

Even Wisconsin doesn't play the old, ugly Wisconsin game any more.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            The challenge for NDSU is that teams will no longer have to design their defenses to provide help with Alexander. They will be able to play everyone straight up and Jacobson,Dexter and company will have to create their own shots rather than being open because of double-teams on Alexander.

Comment

NDSU will be a definite contender next year. Their system has proven to be strong. Jacobsen will likely be an MVP candidate before he is done and they have some other nice pieces. Do they have a replacement point/scoring guard? Nothing like Alexander - at least not for next year. Guard play is critical at the mid-major level. That's what I love about the team we have coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                                I believe the Virginia coach is out of the same Wisconsin coaching tree that recent NDSU coaches have either come from or derived their systems from. (His son, actually, says Google.)

Even Wisconsin doesn't play the old, ugly Wisconsin game any more.
                                Would that be Bo Ryan or was it Dick Bennett that came up with this offense?

Comment

Working...
                                X