Bracketology 14/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracketology 14/15

I realize it's meaningless at this point , but with the Jacks sitting at the top of the Summit and currently holding the tie-breaker with NDSU , ESPN has moved them into their men's projected field. What's really interesting is they have us as a #15 seed playing #2 Kansas in Omaha. Wouldn't that be great after having to really travel the first two times !

Re: Bracketology 14/15

Can't get the cart ahead of the horse, but this would be a fun matchup in Omaha. Like all Kansas teams, they are very good. However, this could be one of those teams that could get upset in the first round. They are not extremely big as they only have one contributor that is over 6'8" and he has not done much this year. They have good balance, but they are not extraordinary at rebounding or protecting the ball. They are dominated by Fr/So/Jr players, so they are not one of those teams with tons of experience. What they are very good at is playing defense! This is one of those games that could end up 62-56. When you are close at the end, that puts tons of pressure on Goliath and little David can sling stones to pull off the upset.

Again, it is a little early to speculate, but it would be nice to have a close geographic game. No doubt Jayhawk fans would turnout in huge numbers. Bottom line is that these projections rarely turnout, but it is sure nice to dream.

Comment

Lunardi seems to be the only one that has ever had the Jacks or Bison as a 15 seed.

Comment

Latest one I saw on USA Today was us as 16 seed playing Duke.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          Can't get the cart ahead of the horse, but this would be a fun matchup in Omaha. Like all Kansas teams, they are very good. However, this could be one of those teams that could get upset in the first round. They are not extremely big as they only have one contributor that is over 6'8" and he has not done much this year. They have good balance, but they are not extraordinary at rebounding or protecting the ball. They are dominated by Fr/So/Jr players, so they are not one of those teams with tons of experience. What they are very good at is playing defense! This is one of those games that could end up 62-56. When you are close at the end, that puts tons of pressure on Goliath and little David can sling stones to pull off the upset.

Again, it is a little early to speculate, but it would be nice to have a close geographic game. No doubt Jayhawk fans would turnout in huge numbers. Bottom line is that these projections rarely turnout, but it is sure nice to dream.
          I honestly don't think the Coyotes can beat Kansas, but you raise a good point or two.

Comment

Latest Lunardi bracketology (Feb 19th) has the Jacks as a 14 seed playing 3 seed Oklahoma in Columbus.

I'd be in favor of that matchup.

Comment

As of 2/23 Lunardi has the Jacks remain a 14 seed playing against Notre Dame in Columbus.

Comment

have they ever looked at how close any of these projections actually are? I would guess sometimes they get the first handful of top seeds correct but would have a hard time thinking they get many match ups or actual seeds even correct. Which i get is more fun and speculation then anything, but wondered if they ever got close on some.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  have they ever looked at how close any of these projections actually are? I would guess sometimes they get the first handful of top seeds correct but would have a hard time thinking they get many match ups or actual seeds even correct. Which i get is more fun and speculation then anything, but wondered if they ever got close on some.
                  If I recall previous years, Lunardi generally gets quite a bit closer to what the actual field looks like than Palm does.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With all of the projections, I just look at the seed. The opponent and location are next to impossible to predict accurately.
                    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Despite the loss on Saturday, Lunardi still has the Jacks projected as a 14 seed in the Midwest region.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Comment

Working...
                      X