Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    IMO I wish more kids would go this route. It saves a redshirt year and maybe gives a better idea of what level they can play at rather than having to transfer later on.
    ISU grad transfer Jordan Ashton to UNI

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonRabbit View Post
      Julian was a first team DI NJCAA this year for NDSCS. Andre Wallace was also recognized on the second team as previously stated.
      Walters can definitely fill it up from deep. If he comes in and shoots with confidence like that, that would be a huge addition, giving the ability to stretch the defense more.

Comment

Sergio El Darwich has committed to SDSU.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/sergio-el-darwich

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Sergio El Darwich has committed to SDSU.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/sergio-el-darwich
          This shores up some of the guard concern and he is a freshman in 2016.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            This shores up some of the guard concern and he is a freshman in 2016.
            Cool. Now we need some backup help at the 4-5, and this team will be looking very good.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Not gonna lie, I would rather have had Walters or save the scholarship for the 2017 class. That class seems to be incredibly deep and I think Walters would have been a better player. However, a freshman will be able to contribute for 4 seasons, and I trust that the coaches know plenty more about basketball than I do.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I don't know if this video has been posted, but it is the most impressive highlight reel that I have seen for Darwich:

"Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                  I don't know if this video has been posted, but it is the most impressive highlight reel that I have seen for Darwich:

I love big guards that wanna attack the rim. This is a good get.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Just because here is another highlight video:

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_a...p-invitational

Comment

Not gonna lie, I would rather have had Walters or save the scholarship for the 2017 class. That class seems to be incredibly deep and I think Walters would have been a better player. However, a freshman will be able to contribute for 4 seasons, and I trust that the coaches know plenty more about basketball than I do.
                      This doesn't mean we can't sign Walters - we have what, three scholarships still available ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        This doesn't mean we can't sign Walters - we have what, three scholarships still available ?
                        Yes, but then we would only have two scholarships for the 2017 class. Looking at the talent in the area, it would be great to be able to have at least 3 offers out to that group. Lots of talent and deep.

Comment

Not super important/relevant (sorry JackJD/filbert), but the big kid holding the ball at the 0:32 mark is hilarious. Travels at least 3-4 times, maybe more. Some top notch officiating going on there.

Comment

I get what you're saying (I like the 2017 area players as well), but I really like what I see from this kid's highlights. Tall, attacks the rim, nice handles, has vision, and has a variety of ways to finish near the rim. Gave me flash backs of some obscure player the Jackrabbits used to have from St. Cloud.

Maybe the best part is he can play the 1, 2, or 3 with this height and ball handling.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I love that a good portion of the highlight tape shows him creating shots for others and playing defense, which often doesn't happen in these type of things. Also like that he appears to have gone to a year of prep school like Tevin King did. Therefore has another year of physical and mental maturity that high school seniors don't have.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                                Not super important/relevant (sorry JackJD/filbert), but the big kid holding the ball at the 0:32 mark is hilarious. Travels at least 3-4 times, maybe more. Some top notch officiating going on there.
                                I don't think the officials are very high on our recruiting list.

Comment

Working...
                                X