2016 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

I think coach Nagy still has one son in high school yet. Sophomore I believe. I was officiating a game at O'Gorman last year and he was there rooting on the 9th grade Brookings boys. I believe (just my opinion) that Nagy won't go any where until his son graduates. That's when I would start getting worried. You have to admit he does have it pretty good here at SDSU and for good reason.

Comment

Great get for the Jacks!!! Looking forward to seeing a real enforcer in there! It's been a long time since we've had a body like that.

Then, holy thread drift! Two games in and the whole Nagy is leaving thing? Really? If we're really going to go there let's do it in another thread.

Yes, he has been mentioned many times. Heck, he may have even considered a couple. Isn't there more positive news there than negative? If he and his staff weren't being considered it would mean they haven't been as successful. Without that, we don't get the players we have. I'll take the path we are on thanks! IF, we lose a coach to a major program, so be it. Trust me, I want him here as long as possible.

The other thing is that the one year contract thing isn't that big of deal other than the fact that it forces the university to prove that the coaching positions aren't revolving doors. As mentioned, they've done a great job of that.

The only person that is aware of what his long term goals are is probably Coach Nagy himself. The rest is pure speculation.

Let's just enjoy the season and these talented young men and not worry about this stuff right now.

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        Great get for the Jacks!!! Looking forward to seeing a real enforcer in there! It's been a long time since we've had a body like that.

Then, holy thread drift! Two games in and the whole Nagy is leaving thing? Really? If we're really going to go there let's do it in another thread.

Yes, he has been mentioned many times. Heck, he may have even considered a couple. Isn't there more positive news there than negative? If he and his staff weren't being considered it would mean they haven't been as successful. Without that, we don't get the players we have. I'll take the path we are on thanks! IF, we lose a coach to a major program, so be it. Trust me, I want him here as long as possible.

The other thing is that the one year contract thing isn't that big of deal other than the fact that it forces the university to prove that the coaching positions aren't revolving doors. As mentioned, they've done a great job of that.

The only person that is aware of what his long term goals are is probably Coach Nagy himself. The rest is pure speculation.

Let's just enjoy the season and these talented young men and not worry about this stuff right now.

SUPERBUNNY
        The recruit in his tweet metioned about how long Nagy has been here......I was just pointing out that he has either looked or been in the discussion for other jobs. Not trying to start anything. Just saying its not 100% Nagy or any of our coaches will still be in here for the entire career of these recruits. Even though I dont see any of the coaches leaving unless Stig wants to retire soon, but I doubt Nagy or AJ would be actively looking to leave.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but just saw that another player is transferring from Wisconsin in a situation similiar to George Marshall. Riley Dearring, who was a 3 star 6"4 guard from the Twin Cities area is a redshirt sophomore who played in 15 games last season and only 3 this year. Will be interesting to see if the Krabbenhoft connection, which probably helped get George here might spark some Jacks interest in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but just saw that another player is transferring from Wisconsin in a situation similiar to George Marshall. Riley Dearring, who was a 3 star 6"4 guard from the Twin Cities area is a redshirt sophomore who played in 15 games last season and only 3 this year. Will be interesting to see if the Krabbenhoft connection, which probably helped get George here might spark some Jacks interest in this case.
            So we might have a chance? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I still believe we are in on a 5th year Senior transfer from a P5 conference also.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I checked the Wisconsin board for their reactions, and they don't seem to think that Dearring is anywhere close to the player that Marshall is. If that's the case, you have to question if it is worth bring him in for a season and a half of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I checked the Wisconsin board for their reactions, and they don't seem to think that Dearring is anywhere close to the player that Marshall is. If that's the case, you have to question if it is worth bring him in for a season and a half of eligibility.
                  I did the same thing and had similar thoughts. The stats that those guys were throwing out made it seem like he would not be a contributor here. Many thought he would go D2 or 3.
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I'm terrible when it comes to evaluating whether or not SDSU should be in on players. I thought Parks and Marshall wouldn't fit in, I thought others would be studs who weren't and so on.

But my view on this transfer is don't be in on him, because he is a transfer from Wisconsin, if the coaches feel he'll fit in and help the team, then I'm fine with it, if they feel there are better options out there go for it.

To that point here is my view point

He wasn't that highly recruited out of high school, Drake, Illinois State and Wisconsin. And since going to Wisconsin he has been banged up, and when healthy still hasn't played much.

At the same time, big physical guards who get offered scholarships by program like Wisconsin don't grow on trees, and a change could flip the switch and he could be an awesome player.

Comment

I wonder if George would ever be able to apply for a medical hardship year based upon time missed over career?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      I'm terrible when it comes to evaluating whether or not SDSU should be in on players. I thought Parks and Marshall wouldn't fit in, I thought others would be studs who weren't and so on.

But my view on this transfer is don't be in on him, because he is a transfer from Wisconsin, if the coaches feel he'll fit in and help the team, then I'm fine with it, if they feel there are better options out there go for it.

To that point here is my view point

He wasn't that highly recruited out of high school, Drake, Illinois State and Wisconsin. And since going to Wisconsin he has been banged up, and when healthy still hasn't played much.

At the same time, big physical guards who get offered scholarships by program like Wisconsin don't grow on trees, and a change could flip the switch and he could be an awesome player.

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                        I wonder if George would ever be able to apply for a medical hardship year based upon time missed over career?
                        Flatten also??? Or maybe he doesn't qualify since first redshirt year wasn't injury related...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                          Flatten also??? Or maybe he doesn't qualify since first redshirt year wasn't injury related...
                          We've discussed this several times, but in order to qualify for a medical redshirt exception doesn't the athlete have to miss most of two seasons due to injury? One RS year and another year where they are hurt doesn't work.......right???

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            Skyler would have to have medical records that prove he was redshirted due to an injury, plus, he couldn't come back and play this year (or he'd have to miss a year later on) in order to get a hardship.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              We've discussed this several times, but in order to qualify for a medical redshirt exception doesn't the athlete have to miss most of two seasons due to injury? One RS year and another year where they are hurt doesn't work.......right???
                              Right. The player has to miss basically 2 full seasons due to injury in order to get a medical hardship. They technically can play a little in the season, but it's like less than a third of the games and it has to be in the first half of the season, not the second half.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

And I wasn't aware George had missed any significant time while at Wisconsin.

Comment

Working...
                                X