Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

A foot injury of some kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Was his only playing one game this last season injury related ? If it was, why wouldn't he be able to apply for an extra year of eligibility ?
      Maybe he still can but he probably needs to go through the Admission process and get enrolled at SDSU before they apply for a medical redshirt which I would assume would be the route to get the third year. For now he has got two years of eligibility and needs to use them up. Just my guess!!

Comment

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
        Marquette University coaches are pissed because they did not know he was available. If he was, his hometown school would've swooped in and tried to get him to their school (especially with as many departures Marquette had this past season). Point being, is it is good to get guys that other schools want. This kid was wanted!
        Interesting, I am hoping Chris will adjust to Brookings, but his experience in El Dorado should have soften the culture shock. I been to El Dorado. Nice town if you like towns under 25,000.
        Last edited by Nidaros; 06-08-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          I think your post is interesting. You are spot on with it first off. The part that is intriguing is when you mention it being more of a rebuilding year. I agree but maybe reword it a little bit. In fact, with the success of the last five years we should be looking at it as reloading. People know what is going on here at SDSU. Recruits certainly do and if they don't we've got a strong crew getting the word out there. The fact that we have a solid crew coming back but also need to replace a strong senior class means there is a lot of playing time up for grabs. That is a great thing.

The next step for this program is to make the jump into the elite class of mid-major programs with the likes of Gonzaga, Wichita State, St. Mary's and others. It is really a possibility. Our conference is strong. SDSU is really flying high as a school in almost all areas. We have a solid tradition in basketball and more importantly have been consistently good for last six years. Having the conference tournament in our back yard is another factor. Now, we need to start winning more games against quality opponents in the regular season. The biggest step is to make a run in the NCAA Tournament. That is the toughest nut to crack.

If we can do it. It would transform the program again. We would have a better chance of scheduling quality opponents to come to Frost Arena which has been impossible because it is now looked at as a bad loss when you come here. That is changing though.

As a basketball fan, that is what gets me all geeked up about SDSU basketball. The future is very bright. So, let's RELOAD and do this!

SUPERBUNNY
          I think you may have misread what Southeast said. He said it could be more THAN a rebuilding year (which appears to be what you are also saying, and I agree). He did not say it could be more OF a rebuilding year.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            I think you may have misread what Southeast said. He said it could be more THAN a rebuilding year (which appears to be what you are also saying, and I agree). He did not say it could be more OF a rebuilding year.
            Fair enough.

I guess my point was more that the program is at a point where we are more reloading than rebuilding.

Take NDSU football for example. Everyone kind of thought that this was going to be a rebuilding year for them. Turned out to not be the case because they are LOADED with talent every year. Yes, they replaced a lot of starting seniors with younger, more inexperienced players but they picked up right where they did a year ago and won another FCS Championship.

My feeling is that is where SDSU MBB is right now. Sure, we will no doubt miss those 5 seniors but the program will reload with players just as talented ready for their turn. It may be splitting hares a bit but the expectations for MBB, WBB, and FB have all been raised over the last few years. It's time to take these programs to new heights.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Similar to NDSU football, and the transition from the Bohl years, SDSU is on the cusp of doing something never done at Brookings in the DI era, and that's start with ALL NEW. May the Jacks MBB have a similar level of competitive success.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                Correct. Back in April I was thinking the 2016/17 MBB team was a likely going to have their hands full scratching and clawing just to finish in the middle of the Summit pack. There was so much to replace, including a coach. My expectations have been raised.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Correct. Back in April I was thinking the 2016/17 MBB team was a likely going to have their hands full scratching and clawing just to finish in the middle of the Summit pack. There was so much to replace, including a coach. My expectations have been raised.
                  I agree. I think anything below the top 3 would be a disappointment now.

Comment

Hard not to get excited about this team. Ive learned from years of listening to my buddies talk about the next big recruit/transfer to USD not anoint a guy all-conference until you see him play with your own eyes. With that being said I have a hard time imagining 2 or 3 of these "new guys" we haven't seen play in Howell, Orris, Hess, Wallace, Gentry, Dykman, or El Darwich not ending up to be solid if not really good Summit League players. Couple that with the known pre-season player of the year talent in Daum, along with known solid players like Tiesen and Telly we've got something potentially special brewing here. And that doesn't even include the possibility of Flatten, King, or Severyn taking a leap forward and growing in to more consistent/solid players. This team has some serious potential…...

Comment

Zim just tweeted: Matt Zimmer@argusmattz 6m6 minutes ago
                      SDSU men add one more transfer. 6-4 guard Chris Howell from Butler C.C. He'll have 3 years of eligibility. Averaged 11.8 pts in '15.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        SDSU men add one more transfer. 6-4 guard Chris Howell from Butler C.C. He'll have 3 years of eligibility. Averaged 11.8 pts in '15.

https://butlercc.prestosports.com/sp...ell_chris_04x0

Comment

Point is he'll have three years of eligibility

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                            Found a couple highlight videos. He seems to be a very athletic but non-chalant, level headed player that makes things look easy. Slasher type of wing player that likes to get to the bucket, definitely not afraid of contact. The second video mentions that "Howell led the Generals in scoring during his senior season averaging 17.8 points per game along with an appearance in the WIAA Division 1 boy's basketball state tournament."

Junior HS higlights (alley-oop dunk @ 1:12 is very impressive): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV9fBA7kHok

Senior summer ball highlights (1st part of video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyouBzTeFR8

Comment

Howell is a Milwaukee native which might be a place TJ is familiar. It is also reported that this young man has some outstanding speed. There should be considerable competition for playing time. The potential uptempo game for the Jackrabbits may also look for a deep bench to contribute. It is definitely a period of optimism for the MBB team.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Saw an old MaxPreps page from two years ago that rated Howell the 4th best senior in Wisconsin. It didn't say if that was over-all, or just at his position, but either way he was pretty highly rated coming out of high school.

Comment

Working...
                                X