Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016 Recruits

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    Are people really surprised by this? Nagy and company spent time getting to know these kids' abilities and personalities. Just because they change jobs doesn't mean they have a bunch of new kids that they have can offer. Recruiting, I assume, is a process that takes some time.
    They got to know those recruits on SDSU resources. Just the way it is!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      And there is a chance the Jackrabbits may benefit from some of TJ's connections established in Ames or Washington.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Likewise, I would assume that SDSU is on the radar for kids that Iowa State spent resources on.

Like you say, just the way it is.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Are people really surprised by this? Nagy and company spent time getting to know these kids' abilities and personalities. Just because they change jobs doesn't mean they have a bunch of new kids that they have can offer. Recruiting, I assume, is a process that takes some time.
          Im guessing those same surprised (bitter) people would be just fine if we landed some players TJ was recruiting to Iowa State

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            Im guessing those same surprised (bitter) people would be just fine if we landed some players TJ was recruiting to Iowa State
            I guess I haven't noted any surprise or bitterness in the observations posted about Nagy offering SDSU recruits at Wright State. It is the way it goes in most instances. Frankly, if the NCAA didn't restrict players from transferring by requiring a release or forcing them to forfeit a year of eligibility by sitting out a year there is NO DOUBT that many more players would leave with their coach.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              I'm neither surprised nor bitter about the accepted ethical realities involved in college recruiting. But it's worth noting that they differ from the accepted ethical practices in some other professions, such as those with non-compete contracts.
              This space for lease.

Comment

IMHO, the people who are expressing "surprise" are misspelling "expected." As others note, SDSU should benefit from Otzelberger's recruiting network he's built at ISU--possibly more than Wright State will benefit from Nagy and his staff's network. After all, one of Nagy's key recruiters stayed at SDSU.
                Last edited by filbert; 04-19-2016, 12:46 PM. Reason: Learning how to spell new coach's name
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  After all, one of Nagy's key recruiters stayed at SDSU...
                  And the other went to Wisconsin. It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out for Nagy at Wright State...
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

It would be interesting to see how the last recruit, Alou Dillon, played out. I saw it posted as SDSU offered first and then Wright State but both offers were reported as being placed placed on the 18th so it is kind of hard to tell which school put the most "resources" into the recuitment and which one most likely piggybacked.

Comment

Everything in context. Look at whats going on in an SEC school http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colle...b65cac2d3.html

Comment

Is there any noise or updates for 2016 signings? I looked and the signing period ends May 18.

Comment

NebraskaHSHoops.com‏@NebraskaHSHoops 17h17 hours ago Wright State has offered 2017 Omaha Elite and Norfolk F Logan Strom (@LoganStrom_0). Staff had offered when at SDSU.

• Retweets 8
                          • Likes 23
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Seems like they are taking the easy route and going with what they know

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

SDSU ought to be able to beat Wright State out in most head-to-head recruiting battles. Other than some nearby cities and a well-paid head coach, Wright State doesn't have much going for it.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                SDSU ought to be able to beat Wright State out in most head-to-head recruiting battles. Other than some nearby cities and a well-paid head coach, Wright State doesn't have much going for it.
                                My sentiments exactly.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X