Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Let's give credit to Coach Nagy and the Coaching Staff

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Was it even that long ago. That could very well be the reason his name came up in the newspaper's speculation now.
    Not 5 years ago (as my original post). Geno Ford has been head coach at Bradley for the last 4 years.

*Nagy applied for the Bradley job back in 2002.
    http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...-job/?id=16938
    http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...sity/?id=16786
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-23-2015, 01:02 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

I think that's right. FYI: The outgoing coach at Bradley made $700,000 base. Crazy money for a second or third tier team in the Valley. Ben Jacobson at UNI doesn't make that much. Of course Greg Marshall, $1.8 million, is the highest paid coach in the Valley.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Last year AJ's name came up in a similar situation for the Gopher job. The thing that was in print as AJ being in the running, but according to AJ the phone did not ring on that opening.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Not 5 years ago (as my original post). Geno Ford has been head coach at Bradley for the last 4 years.

*Nagy applied for the Bradley job back in 2002.
          http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...-job/?id=16938
          http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...sity/?id=16786
          I had thought Nagy's name came up at Bradley 4 years ago after the Jacks won their first Summit title , but I looked it up and it was Northern Illinois.

Comment

Of course, I hope Coach Nagy is with us for a lot more years. However, he deserves an opportunity to move up and potentially get paid more. Only Coach Nagy and his family no what their long term plans are and only those at the highest level at the AD know what they are planning to do boost compensation for Coach Nagy and the staff.

Either way it is a good thing for SDSU!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              I had thought Nagy's name came up at Bradley 4 years ago after the Jacks won their first Summit title , but I looked it up and it was Northern Illinois.
              I vaguely remember ball state but I might be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                I vaguely remember ball state but I might be wrong
                You are right. It was Ball State. And yes he did apply in 2002 for the Bradley job and if my memory is correct, Jimmy Collins friend of his father did get an interview but not the job. Coach Nagy never got an interview. They hired Jim Les who coached at Bradley until 2011. That is when Deno Ford took over.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM.

Comment

I don't know exaclty what it means but part of me really loves that sdsu has had the same 3 major coaches for so many years now. Nagy and stig in the 90s something and aj took over what in 2001 as head coach maybe. Not sure if there are many or if any D-1 schools with coaches with that amount of longevity and success. Will be sad when eventually they are no longer here. It will fell a little differnt that's for sure.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If I remember right this is the known interest Nagy and other schools have had.

2002- Bradley, Nagy applied, he may have had some type of initial interview, but nothing was ever close.
                    4-5 years ago- Nagy was a finalist name by a firm hired for the Northern Illinois job. Seemed that all contact was with the firm and nothing happened with the job.

2 years ago- Ball State. Nagy was a finalist, did fly to Muncie to interview, depending on who or what you read/ listened to, he wasn't selected or he turned down the finalist interview, was offered the job and turned it down. Not sure, if any facts of the search were ever released.

As far as I know those are the only jobs that Nagy has publicly acknowledged showing interest in. I'm sure there have been others.

I wouldn't look at 2002 as any indicator one way or another that would say Nagy would or wouldn't have interest in the position. They have a new athletic director and I'm guessing very few faces remain at Bradley from 2002.

Comment

Would going to Bradley from SDSU really be a step up for Nagy? Bradley University has a good academic reputation. But it's a private school with half the enrollment of SDSU. It does not have a football team, and its basketball team hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since 2006.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Would going to Bradley from SDSU really be a step up for Nagy? Bradley University has a good academic reputation. But it's a private school with half the enrollment of SDSU. It does not have a football team, and its basketball team hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since 2006.
                        Salary could be north of $750K a year. MVC is better than the Summit. So yeah, I won't go out and say its not a step up.

Now the question is, is it the type of job Nagy wants to take at his stage in life? As of right now I'd say no. Now if they call for an interview, and the A.D. goes hey we are going to do A. B. C. and D. in the next 3 years to help you, and we are going to give you a 6 year guaranteed deal. Then yeah it probably is.

Comment

Working...
                        X