Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IPFW

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Theisen is going to be a good player if he keeps developing.
    Yes I agree. Am I the only one who is reminded of Cousin Eddy(Randy Quaid) when Theisen checks in and makes those monster plays? A compliment intended.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Yes I agree. Am I the only one who is reminded of Cousin Eddy(Randy Quaid) when Theisen checks in and makes those monster plays? A compliment intended.
      She's a beaut clark.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        She's a beaut clark.
        I always thought Randy was a very talented guy and so is Ian in terms of BB.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that we have a making of a very good basketball team. Talk about focus, we had it tonight. That's what made it an easy game. Lets hope the focus is there when NDSU comes to town.

Comment

So what's the deal with IPFW? I wasn't able to make the game, nor listen on the radio. How did all the prognosticators miss so badly on them this year? Did they graduate some talent? Usually if that is the case, the pre-season pick reflects that. It's astonishing that they are as terrible as they apparently are given the pre-season hype.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

SDSU has outscored their last 5 opponents by an average of 22 points while holding them to 55 points per game. THAT IS SOME OUTSTANDING DEFENSE!

I really liked the Parks I saw tonight. Aggressive on offence and not settling for jump shots.

HUGE game on Saturday. The Jacks are due for a win in Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                So what's the deal with IPFW? I wasn't able to make the game, nor listen on the radio. How did all the prognosticators miss so badly on them this year? Did they graduate some talent? Usually if that is the case, the pre-season pick reflects that. It's astonishing that they are as terrible as they apparently are given the pre-season hype.
                This team may have lost some confidence according to their coach's post game show. IUPUI beat them at FW in the second game of the conference. SDSU seems to be improving with the defense. The offense showed a little more perk last night as there is fewer forced shots as the season moves forward. The Jackrabbits may be a better team than some expected. I think that the trip to Tulsa is more optimistic than in years past.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

No mention of points in the paint. Jacks had a ton while limiting Forbes to what 5 points. Also no mention of Heemstras lack of 5 oclock shadow.

Comment

I don't know what's the deal with IPFW but that my friends, was a beat down by the Jacks. They came out strong and played fast. Forbes is a big dude but I though the Jacks did a nice job on him overall. I'm really liking watching Theisen develop this year. No question he looked lost early in the year but has really adjusted well. I LOVE his toughness. Doesn't back down from anyone and is shooting the ball nicely. Nagy has done a nice job bringing him along. Kid's got a nice stroke from deep as well. Has to work on his leg strength to get more explosive but I believe that'll come with some work in the weight room this next off season.

Here's my complaint. Clearly early in the he Ian was going with the full fledge Kevin Love type beard. Appears to be moving more towards the "mad scientist" (borrowed term which I love) look. Kid has to settle on the direction for his facial sooner than later if he wants to be taken seriously. Look at Doyle, kid has settled on a look and is sticking to it. It's that type of commitment we need.

Comment

One more comment. Just watched the post game presser. Bittle has to lose the gum.

Comment

Not a fan of the no mustache beard thingy. Looks like a giant leprechaun. 40 points in the paint to 20 against Forbes and company. Loved the 2 big missed dunks by him.

Comment

Did anyone else take a big sigh of relief when that first basket went in? After that start Saturday I did.

The keys to the game were:
                          1. Control #54. Check
                          2. Get touches in the paint. Check
                          3. Win the rebounding battle. Well, two out of three ain't bad as the song goes. Nagy said they got a lot of RB of our missed FT. Lost RB battle by one.

Really impressed with the way they came out to play and Nagy said that in post-game. When they play with that intensity on the defensive end the Jacks are the best team in the conference. Add some decent shooting to the mix and you've got a good, old-fashioned wood-shedding. 5 Jacks in double figures. IPFW looked extinct. They got dominated!

Big, big game in Tulsa on Saturday! Defense travels so I expect the team to play well and bring home a W.

Wasn't it just like three weeks ago when everyone was ready to hit the panic button? Nagy knows what he's doing. He's proving it, again.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                            On gojacks.com the attendance is said to be 2394.
                            yup, box score has 2394. I misheard or Tyler misspoke.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm not sure what happened to IPFW.

I know Coach Jasick left.

And I believe they graduated one or two of their starting guards last year...but they had that kid come off the bench, was a freshman or sophomore, who looked like one of the most talented players in the conference last year in the Conference Tournament.

They are still a dangerous team, if they can pull out of it.

Comment

I think Jacobo was the biggest loss for IPFW. He was a difference maker, IMO.
                                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X