Prince Redux..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince Redux..

I try to get to a couple of Lindenwood games a year, because it's only three bucks and they give you free ice tea. I barely looked at the program, but with a minute or two left, I noticed familiar behavior, a player running headlong into a crowd of defenders. Taevaunn Prince. He's Missouri Southern's top scorer at 16 per game, although Lindenwood held him to eight and won the game.

Question: Is he a Division 2 player and MSSU is where he belongs, or was he one who got away? My suspicion is that he would be still riding the bench, but would get enough time to score about 6 points a game and provide a few turnovers, but I've only seen him live on three occasions.

Re: Prince Redux..

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
    I try to get to a couple of Lindenwood games a year, because it's only three bucks and they give you free ice tea. I barely looked at the program, but with a minute or two left, I noticed familiar behavior, a player running headlong into a crowd of defenders. Taevaunn Prince. He's Missouri Southern's top scorer at 16 per game, although Lindenwood held him to eight and won the game.

Question: Is he a Division 2 player and MSSU is where he belongs, or was he one who got away? My suspicion is that he would be still riding the bench, but would get enough time to score about 6 points a game and provide a few turnovers, but I've only seen him live on three occasions.
    If Prince would not have transferred, if my recollection is correct, there would have been no Cody Larson (no scholarships available). Somebody can correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

This young man never saw a shot he did not like. He would probably not be remembered for assists. He was a physical player. He was a good rebounder with his big frame as he took up some space. The ball handling skills were suspect for a guard/forward. He bounced the ball quite high when running hard. He got into the doghouse occasionally. I am sure he is a good young man.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Prince is not playing on this years that is for sure. He showed glimpses but if he wants to dominate and be "the guy" instead of being a lower end D1 role player, D2 is where he needs to be. Kind of like Zach Monaghan.

Meanwhile, Matt Donlan is having a pretty good juco season.

Averaging 11ppg and 5rpg in 23min pg. He's shooting 43% from 3 (45-104) as well.

http://stats.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2...mattdonlan0zms

Comment

Working...
        X