SDSU at Utah Dec. 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU at Utah Dec. 23

When I posted "this is painful", the score was much worse. I agree, in the end... just a bummer. Just wanted the guys to have another win.

Coach Nagy seems philosophical in his post-game comments and I like that. He said we were just gassed from the start...Nagy made a comparison to a few years ago when we were on an extended road trip that ended in Lincoln against the Huskers and we were just tired at that point. Nagy liked how the team didn't quit. Just in a tough stretch and for the most part we fared well. This was a great basketball team (Utah) and we'd have to play about perfectly to beat them.

Comment

Post-game player interview was with Theisen. He's an articulate guy and a good interview. Tyler asked about his adjustment to the college game and Theisen told how his introduction to the difference in the college game was in the first practice when he took Cody Larson's elbow to the face "but since then I think I'm adjusting well..." Good sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        These announcers are kind of cheesy, but pretty good.
        I only saw the second half,but i thought the announcers were pretty good too...... said some complimentary about the Jacks also.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Post-game player interview was with Theisen. He's an articulate guy and a good interview. Tyler asked about his adjustment to the college game and Theisen told how his introduction to the difference in the college game was in the first practice when he took Cody Larson's elbow to the face "but since then I think I'm adjusting well..." Good sense of humor.
          He seems to be adapting to the speed of the college game. No longer getting 4 fouls in 5 minutes of play. If he continues to improve , he could be an important piece of the puzzle come tournament time.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
            I only saw the second half,but i thought the announcers were pretty good too...... said some complimentary about the Jacks also.
            They did drop a San Diego State within the first 5 minutes of the game....but there have been a lot worse announcers. They did seem a little biased on some calls or no calls imo but that is expected.

Comment

Tyler filled his gaps with mention of the 1962 trip to Utah in which they played the Utes close. He went on to say that Sid Bostic had told him that the Utah game and playing before the big crowd had given the Jacks confidence that they could compete for a NC. If I recall correctly, they reeled off a 11-1 NCC conference record and won the D2 NC. What is different is that the Jacks did not beat Idaho State, Bakersfield and USU before taking on the Utes like they did this year. I tend to agree with Coach Nagy, the guys were tired out from last week. The day off probably did not help as much as the staff thought. I still like this team and it's chances to advance in March. I was about to say we did not have any D1 transfers but we did Black and Brod came in from Wisconsin just as George Marshall did. I believe the Utes were rated in 1962 as well. Close counts only in horse shoe and hand gerenades. Hopefully they will regroup in Cedar Falls.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 12-24-2014, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                This is what is encouraging is the freshman coming on strong so early . I think we have a very good team.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                  Can't believe you think this is painful. I think it is very respectable to only lose by 14 when playing your 4th game in 6 days and are up against a top 25 team.
                  Yes. This would be an incredibly tough game to win on your home floor after a week off. In this situation it's nearly impossible unless it's one of those nights where nearly every shot you throw up there miraculously goes in.

Comment

I like this team a lot. When they defend, they're going to be tough to beat.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Incredibly successful road trip. Win three and lose to one of the top teams in the country on their home court by 14. Marshall is still getting comfortable shooting 31% from the floor and probably trying to do a little too much right now. This team is going to continue to get comfortable in new roles with him now in the fold. The youth and athleticism of this team has me really excited for the summit schedule. Still a chance for a marquee win on Sunday at UNI.

Comment

Working...
                      X