Early Season Summit League Suprises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Season Summit League Suprises

In viewing some of the summit league there are a few surprises to me for sure. Omaha beats Marquette and has played a helluva tough NC schedule. I'm not sure what to make of them yet but they aren't getting destroyed by some decent teams. If I'm buying or selling on some teams; ORU - selling. I'm thinking I heard they were a conference favorite, not this year. Denver - selling. Some bad losses and real beatdowns as well. IPFW- buying. I think they are going to be a tough beat but in the Championship game at the Pentagon, I'd like our chances!

Re: Early Season Summit League Suprises

Originally posted by 3ptJackrabbit View Post
    In viewing some of the summit league there are a few surprises to me for sure. Omaha beats Marquette and has played a helluva tough NC schedule. I'm not sure what to make of them yet but they aren't getting destroyed by some decent teams. If I'm buying or selling on some teams; ORU - selling. I'm thinking I heard they were a conference favorite, not this year. Denver - selling. Some bad losses and real beatdowns as well. IPFW- buying. I think they are going to be a tough beat but in the Championship game at the Pentagon, I'd like our chances!
    Summit League tournament is at Sanford Premier Center, not Sanford Pentagon.

Comment

Don't sleep on USD either. They are 3-7 but lost 3 of those games in overtime and their only double digit loss it to Stanford, by 11.

Comment

This IPFW analysis has got to be killing Filbert.

Which reminds me, time to pony up to the Filbert for the annual maintenance of the site...

Comment

I'm waiting on IPFW till about a couple games into conference season. Their non-conference schedule is weak besides the game at Purdue. They have a tough game against Valpo coming up. That game should tell a lot about the Don's. I do think that IPFW is one of the better teams in the down Summit regardless.

Comment

It's not murder's row for sure but stiffer than ours. And I'm not sure the Summit is that down when looking around the country. The Big Ten or whatever they are called now is DOWN! The SEC is down for sure after Kentucky. The ACC is top heavy and then down. I just wonder if this is the year of the mid major come NCAA time.

Comment

It's not murder's row for sure but stiffer than ours. And I'm not sure the Summit is that down when looking around the country. The Big Ten or whatever they are called now is DOWN! The SEC is down for sure after Kentucky. The ACC is top heavy and then down. I just wonder if this is the year of the mid major come NCAA time.
              Big Ten smoked the ACC in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.

Definitely down from last year for the Big Ten, but they were really good last year.

Comment

Did you watch the games though? They were a lot of bad games that somebody had to win. Wasn't the final 8-6 though? I would agree the bottom of the big 10 is better than the bottom of the ACC but we are splitting hairs at that point.

Comment

Did you watch the games though? They were a lot of bad games that somebody had to win. Wasn't the final 8-6 though? I would agree the bottom of the big 10 is better than the bottom of the ACC but we are splitting hairs at that point.
                  I guess I'm not sure of the final tally just going by the fact they almost closed it out on the first night. And no I didn't watch many of the games. So basically I really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Michigan losing to NJIT and Eastern Michigan reinforces your point about it being down overall though.

Comment

I guess my point was about the mid major teams getting into the tourney at a higher rate than the 6-8 teams from the ACC, Big 10 etc.

Comment

I guess my point was about the mid major teams getting into the tourney at a higher rate than the 6-8 teams from the ACC, Big 10 etc.
                      Yeah maybe. You know that the power conferences are still gonna get theirs though. If nothing else because they will be perceived good because they play in one of the Power 5 and get the top teams at home where they have a decent shot of getting a marquee win.

Comment

Working...
                      X