Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FGCU

Final: FGCU 71, SDSU 58.

Jacks shoot 23% in the second half, 32% for the game.

FGCU shoots 52% for the second half and 45% in the game.

Jacks -5 on the glass.

Comment

Scary to think what our posy play will be like without Larson next year.

Comment

Divine played very well...

Comment

I think I am tired of hearing about how great things will be when they get a PG, they lost a lot of 3 pt shooting and it really showed today, a PG is not going to change that fact, I assume that they were all in the gym shooting thousands of 3 pt shots this summer.... but we don't seem to have a 3 pt threat, what happened to Anders?

Comment

Agreed. The absence of a shooter in the Dykstra/Sargent/white mold was pretty glaring tonight. One of the young guys is going to need to grow into that roll if we are going anywhere.

We're going to have to be patient with this team. If it's going to happen, it will take another month or more. There was still plenty of lineup shifting tonight, though the bench got shorter.

Comment

Was there anything said on either the radio or TV broadcast why Broman didn't play ? From the way he acted on the bench it looked like he knew he wouldn't be playing. It looked like no one had any confidence shooting the three. In the first half , it seemed like no one wanted to shoot one. The way Larson was getting double teamed whenever he touched the ball , good ball movement should have resulted in open shots for somebody.

Comment

I didn't watch the game, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to blame the loss on Parks if we try hard enough.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  I didn't watch the game, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to blame the loss on Parks if we try hard enough.
                  What is: He didn't make enough 3's?

Comment

Parks looks much better at the 2. Not a big fan of the 3 man weave offense, but maybe it'll work with Marshall. If Moffitt is the only true PG, that is a lack in recruiting.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      Parks looks much better at the 2. Not a big fan of the 3 man weave offense, but maybe it'll work with Marshall. If Moffitt is the only true PG, that is a lack in recruiting.
                      When I saw on Twitter earlier that he was starting for you guys tonight, I did a double-take. As an Augie fan, he wasn't even a guy that concerned me when he played for USF, nor did I ever really expect him to be the type of player that would ever concern me. I can't believe he's starting for SDSU now. I'd assume he'll be bumped from the starting lineup when Marshall is eligible for you guys, but I'd have to agree with the above statement in bold. Then again, maybe he'll surprise some people. I just find it hard to believe the Jackrabbits couldn't have found a stronger backup PG option, specifically one that they went after and recruited. Either way, congrats to Moffitt. I can't imagine many people expected him to even play much for you guys, let alone start.

EDIT: Not that many people read it this late, but I've revised this post slightly. I re-read it and realized it was more negative toward Moffitt than I'd intended. Must just be my bias against USF and anything that is or once was a purple cougar. Either way, it was probably a little too unnecessarily harsh/critical. My bad.
                      Last edited by MrAugustana; 12-01-2014, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                        When I saw on Twitter earlier that he was starting for you guys tonight, I did a double-take. As an Augie fan, he wasn't even a guy that concerned me when he played for USF, nor did I ever really expect him to be the type of player that would ever concern me. I can't believe he's starting for SDSU now. I'd assume he'll be bumped from the starting lineup when Marshall is eligible for you guys, but I'd have to agree with the above statement in bold. Then again, maybe he'll surprise some people. I just find it hard to believe the Jackrabbits couldn't have found a stronger backup PG option, specifically one that they went after and recruited. Either way, congrats to Moffitt. I can't imagine many people expected him to even play much for you guys, let alone start.

EDIT: Not that many people read it this late, but I've revised this post slightly. I re-read it and realized it was more negative toward Moffitt than I'd intended. Must just be my bias against USF and anything that is or once was a purple cougar. Either way, it was probably a little too unnecessarily harsh/critical. My bad.
                        I would guess that Moffit starting was Coach Nagy making a statement to his players. He's done this before with both Tivis and Jacobsen. Usually it is an energy/effort move.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          I would guess that Moffit starting was Coach Nagy making a statement to his players. He's done this before with both Tivis and Jacobsen. Usually it is an energy/effort move.
                          This.
                          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                          -Leo Rosten

Comment

That was a poorly coached game by Nagy on many levels. First you don't start Moffitt. True point guard or not you go with your strengths at this point and Anders played better at the point all year than Moffitt did yesterday. We shot horribly in the second half as he went to that small lineup again and we got nothing out of it. Some success against ND doesn't translate to a legit team. You don't let a team go on a 9-0 run to start a half w/o a timeout. You don't get paid for taking them back to Brookings. Cody scores 4 points looks like he's getting going and Nagy subs him out???? This sending messages to kids crap has to go as well. Screwing with kid's confidence to send a message?

And somebody help me out with why Jacobsen came into the game the last minute? Not sure I've seen him all year either.

Comment

Here's a legitimate question I have. What does any of this matter? It seems to me regardless of what we do in this "preseason" our seeding if we won the Summit Tourney was going to be around a 14 anyway. This entire part of the season is essentially meaningless warm up and Nagy has almost said as much before anything started by saying we are going to have 3 seasons this year, Pre George, With George and Conference.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                                Here's a legitimate question I have. What does any of this matter? It seems to me regardless of what we do in this "preseason" our seeding if we won the Summit Tourney was going to be around a 14 anyway. This entire part of the season is essentially meaningless warm up and Nagy has almost said as much before anything started by saying we are going to have 3 seasons this year, Pre George, With George and Conference.
                                I'd argue that was a tactical error made by Nagy as well. You don't concede anything in my opinion. No reason this team isn't 4-1 right now absent Marshall but everyone in the program is waiting for George, so we just throw the soup du jour out at PG because he's the only pure one in the program?

Comment

Working...
                                X