Being in the Big Dance is worth Big $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being in the Big Dance is worth Big $$$

Nevada in the sweet 16. Didn't they lose to a DII team this year? (Humboldt St.) I guess there's no shame in that. Wonder what people said when they lost that game? I wonder if we might hear some similar things this coming year if we have a bad loss or two (football or BB).
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: Being in the Big Dance is worth Big $$$

Originally posted by jackmd
      Nevada in the sweet 16.  Didn't they lose to a DII team this year?  (Humboldt St.)  I guess there's no shame in that.  Wonder what people said when they lost that game?  I wonder if we might hear some similar things this coming year if we have a bad loss or two (football or BB).
      They did lose to Humboldt, but they also beat Kansas. It makes our point that the top of D-II is right there with many D-I programs. I am sure the FES people and our UNO and USD fans on the board will have a hayday if we have some bad loses. However we will need to remind them that our D-I move is 1. not just about our Athletic Teams. 2. is a long range plan. 3. point out that although teams lose (like Nevada to Humboldt) big things can still happen (like going to the sweet 16).

As I have said before, no team from the NCC has ever or will ever get into the big dance. Not smack, just the truth. We will be moving on to bigger and better things, and I have found that most things worth having need to be worked for, so I will be prepaired for a few bumps along the way.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
      X