X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: METRO STATE

Originally posted by NebraskaRabbit
    OUCH!!

Listening to this game hurts.  Must be the most disappointing 27 win season ever.  
    How accurate a statement. This team won 27 games and yet managed to lose to USD twice (not close), UNO twice (once at Frost where they broke our home winning streak) and then got blown out of the water in their last game at the DII level. Reality is I won't have any great memories of this last year in DII, in fact I'm rather glad its over and I intend to forget it entirely.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

"Well," SDSU coach Scott Nagy said, taking a long pause. "For the most part, it was men against boys out there tonight. They just whipped us."

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

How accurate a statement.  This team won 27 games and yet managed to lose to USD twice (not close), UNO twice (once at Frost where they broke our home winning streak) and then got blown out of the water in their last game at the DII level.  Reality is I won't have any great memories of this last year in DII, in fact I'm rather glad its over and I intend to forget it entirely.

jackmd, this is why no one likes you.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Reality is I won't have any great memories of this last year in DII, in fact I'm rather glad its over and I intend to forget it entirely.
          What season you talking about?  I have no memory of a Men's 2003-04 Division II season.  However, I am looking forward to some DI basketball in 2004-2005!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crashola

What season you talking about?  I have no memory of a Men's 2003-04 Division II season.  However, I am looking forward to some DI basketball in 2004-2005!!
            Somone who is on the same page as me!!
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by pb

jackmd, this is why no one likes you.
              More resounding commentary from pb. If your idea (and I don't just mean pb) of a great season is winning 16 straight pre-conference games and then going 9-5 in conference, losing to USD the last games of the regular season and then again in the semis of the conference tourney and then being beaten by 40 points in the regional, this was a great year. If not then you may share my opinion. Thats all it is, my opinion.

I expected a lot from this team and at times I got it. It just so happens the losses loomed much larger than any of the wins. For me, as a SDSU fan and a self-proclaimed USD hater, the losses to a USD team that we should have beaten and to UNO with the NCC championship on the line are just too traumatic for me to remember. Then, to lose by 40 points in our last game at the DII level, I'd rather forget.

Comment

Great season my ass..we lost four of our last 6 including two to usd within 6 days and they kicked our ass both times and then lose to metro state in our last DII game by 40 points!!! when was the last time we ever lost to anybody by 40 points? were going DI are you kidding me, I was at last nghts nightmare, thats just the begining of thngs to come in DI.Miller and Oien sold us down the river will never see 20 wins again those ignorant ass$$$$$. our dynasty is over!! get ready to become the doormats of DI the glory days for the Jacks are over!

Comment

Originally posted by colorado jackrabbit
                  Great season my ass..we lost four of our last 6 including two to usd within 6 days and they kicked our ass both times and then lose to metro state in our last DII game by 40 points!!! when was the last time we ever lost to anybody by 40 points? were going DI are you kidding me, I was at last nghts nightmare, thats just the begining of thngs to come in DI.Miller and Oien sold us down the river will never see 20 wins again those ignorant ass$$$$$. our dynasty is over!! get ready to become the doormats of DI the glory days for the Jacks are over!
                  This isn't a Jacks fan and doesn't deserve a reply. You know this board is gaining popularity when idiots like this make "ghost" posts and then run to their corners and hide. We need a moderator who can clean crap like this up. Save your enegry and don't reply.

Comment

I like your optimism colorado rabbit. Good to know where you stand. Yes, our dynasty in D2 is over. Our future in D1 has only begun. ;D

Comment

colorado jackrabbit .... ooooo .... you will get some responses. Let me first say, yup we got our asses handed to us. A little over a month ago UND beat our women by 35 points ... tonight we beat them. That's sports. For you to make your assessment on how much we lost to Metro by tellls me you have very little knowledge of collegiate athletics. And, when we make it to the Big Dance in 8-10 years (YES WE WILL) I hope you come back and give a $100,000 gift to the athletic department and include an apology.

Comment

If SDSU makes it to the BIG Dance in 8-10 yrs I will be amazed. Another scheduling challenge you will have is getting schools to your place. Maybe fb teams charter planes but I doubt other sports do. So many schools will have to take at least 2 connections to get to SF,SD airport and then take an hour bus ride to get to Brookings. Also, there is no hub in SF,SD so flights are really expensive getting there. Now there may schools willing to do it if the guarantee is good enough but a lot of coaches won't want that hassle and will look elsewhere for games. Just a thought.
                        I guess IUPUI did it so you can do - but I can think of a lot more schools who have never made with a lot more recruiting advantages than you have. The biggest example is UMKC. I am an expert on their program but you Jacks don't want to hear that.
                        But let's just put your heads in the sand after the beating you took and pretend everything will work out fine. I can say one thing positive though. Those rare times when you do spring up and pull a big win (like UMKC's over Kansas St this year) doesn't get much more fun than that. The problem is those kind of wins don't come very often for UMKC and will come even less for sdsu with your recruiting challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjake
                          If SDSU makes it to the BIG Dance in 8-10 yrs I will be amazed.  Another scheduling challenge you will have is getting schools to your place.  Maybe fb teams charter planes but I doubt other sports do.  So many schools will have to take at least 2 connections to get to SF,SD airport and then take an hour bus ride to get to Brookings.  Also, there is no hub in SF,SD so flights are really expensive getting there.  Now there may schools willing to do it if the guarantee is good enough but a lot of coaches won't want that hassle and will look elsewhere for games.  Just a thought.  
                          I guess IUPUI did it so you can do - but I can think of a lot more schools who have never made with a lot more recruiting advantages than you have.  The biggest example is UMKC. I am an expert on their program but you Jacks don't want to hear that.
                          But let's just put your heads in the sand after the beating you took and pretend everything will work out fine.  I can say one thing positive though.  Those rare times when you do spring up and pull a big win (like UMKC's over Kansas St this year)  doesn't get much more fun than that.  The problem is those kind of wins don't come very often for UMKC and will come even less for sdsu with your recruiting challenges.
                          Excellent post bigjake. This is the kind of constructive information that SDSU fans need to be aware of. Frst things first, the only chance we have at making the big dance is to find a conference and tourney we can win. Next, we need to be competative in that conference. This will take a number of years and many $$$. I suspect some big "home" games may have to be played in Sioux Falls and I don't know the logistics of this. All that said, I still think the move forward to DI will be a good one in the long run. There are going to be some lean years, to say the least, and the criticism will only increase. Thats just the way people in S.D. are. I'm not proud of it and I would like to see it change, but I'm not stupid either.

Comment

Metro leads 31-28 at the half. They are not playing quite as well tonight. Missing alot of shots while UNK is rebounding well. Still forcing a lot of T.O.'s, I believe UNK has 14 at the half. I think Metro played one of their best games of the year against us Sunday, not to say they wouldn't have beat us even with a marginal performance on their part.

Comment

Completely different Metro team tonight. Perhaps some of the credit goes to UNK but they are not playing well either. Tie game 38-38 with 14 minutes to play. I think they had 38 points by the 10 minute mark of the 1st half Sunday.

Comment

any update on the game doc
                                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                                X