Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Renovated Frost

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    I would think it would include some, if not all of #9-#12 on the 2025 master plan.
    http://www.gojacks.com/downloads2/39...2208&DB_LANG=C
    For your budget, you could probably do 9-11 or 10-12; not sure you could do all four.

(so others don't have to click on the pdf)
    9: Administration/Support building (Marshall)
    10: Frost
    11: Wrestling practice addition
    12: Basketball practice, Wrest/VB competition addition

If #12 was just practice courts for BB, I think it could be lumped in with the other three. Basically just an open box. But your master plan shows a rather large addition and the competition aspect for VB & Wrest would probably be too much. But I'm no expert; just going off of our very similar project.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 04-10-2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Are there any indications what the capacity for a renovated Frost would be?
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Are there any indications what the capacity for a renovated Frost would be?
        Here is what Jacked4Days stated.
        Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        The plan is to keep the bowl shape. Sell really likes the packed environment. We will have all seatback chairs (No more wooden bleachers!!!!). The seating will wrap around and keep the 6,000 capacity, and on the top of the south end will be suites. The projected amount is 8-10 suites, and underneath the south end will be improved concessions and restroom amenities.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Here is what Jacked4Days stated.
          That would be unusual to not even have bleachers for student sections! The past couple of years the reserved seating has been nearly all sold out for season tickets. That may give the department a shot in the arm if they had more reserved seating available for sale with better choices as well. It is a positive to keep current capacity.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            That would be unusual to not even have bleachers for student sections! The past couple of years the reserved seating has been nearly all sold out for season tickets. That may give the department a shot in the arm if they had more reserved seating available for sale with better choices as well. It is a positive to keep current capacity.
            I'm not sure about bleacher seats for the students or where the student section would be located. I anticipate that there will be bleacher seats for the students, but that is just my personal opinion.
            "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Here is a Tuesday Tidbits from Zimmer that covers Frost Renovations:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...bits/25750537/
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                I'm not sure about bleacher seats for the students or where the student section would be located. I anticipate that there will be bleacher seats for the students, but that is just my personal opinion.
                I hope that a good student section can be designed on one end of the court and can extend closer to the floor. I think having two little student sections at each end has hurt the energy of the students.

I kmow the building are not the same but something like in Minnnesota's Williams Arena. Students have a student section at one baseline.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Has there been any information if Jordan Poydras has been offered by any other programs?

Comment

As of yet, no agenda out for the October BOR meeting. Awfully quiet on the arena front.

Comment

Anything on here scream arena renovations? https://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/20...agenda1015.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                        Anything on here scream arena renovations? https://sdbor.edu/theboard/agenda/20...agenda1015.pdf
                        It could be under SDSU Planning under Budget and Finance, which is listed under the consent agenda.

But I have my doubts that would be it, my guess is if SDSU was planning to put it to the Board of Regents we would have heard more by now. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
                          Interested in the first item on the Agenda, which is an Executive Session to Discuss Personnel Matters, Board of Regents and SDSU President David Chicoine.
                          USD Fan

Comment

Probably President Chicoine telling the Regents he is retiring June 2017

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                              Probably President Chicoine telling the Regents he is retiring June 2017
                              You think so..? I hope not.

Comment

The President of each institution has an executive session with the Regents once each year for their evaluation. October is normally Chicoine's month, so that is probably the usual routine. I don't see any thing that points to a Frost renovation, normally those are pretty clear in the agenda once it is sent out.

Comment

Working...
                                X