Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Matt Jones transferring

Originally posted by newser
    Unfortunately, it appears that Matt's health will probably not allow him to play this fall.
    It may change, but doesn't look good.
    Unless you have info that you are withholding the fact of the matter is, its too early to tell right now. I am optimistic that he will continue to gradually improve.

Does anyone know if he is playing baseball this summer? He played with Lake Norden last year. Last I spoke with him he was planning on giving it a go. He looked well to me. I continue to wish him the best.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What the hell is going on with him? Jackmd, as a doctor you know way more about it then I do, but shouldn't an illness that has kept someone sick for two years at least be able to be diagnosed? I'm going to have a lot harder time sleeping at night knowing that there are still mysterious diseases that doctors don't even know about that could potentially cause me to be very sick for years at a time. :-/.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan
        What the hell is going on with him?  Jackmd, as a doctor you know way more about it then I do, but shouldn't an illness that has kept someone sick for two years at least be able to be diagnosed?  I'm going to have a lot harder time sleeping at night knowing that there are still mysterious diseases that doctors don't even know about that could potentially cause me to be very sick for years at a time. :-/.
        Last time I saw Matt (as a friend not as a patient) he did not look or feel ill. It really is a matter of conditioning and stamina at this time. I think he most likely had a bout of infectious mono followed by significant fatigue and he just can't get back to the elite athletic status that he was. The Lyme disease speculation seems to have been inapporpriate. Again, none of what I am saying is based on a patient-doctor relationship, only as an acquaintance.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Matt is playing baseball again this year for Lake Norden. The Brookings Register had an article on the Volga/Lake Norden game.

The article reported that Matt led off the bottom of the 9th inning with a homerun to tie the game 8-8. Volga ended up winning the game 9-8 in 10 innings. Ryan Sauter's sac fly in the 10th was the difference.

I think Ryan is an SDSU baseball player or former player.

GO JACKS
          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16
            Matt is playing baseball again this year for Lake Norden.  The Brookings Register had an article on the Volga/Lake Norden game.

The article reported that Matt led off the bottom of the 9th inning with a homerun to tie the game 8-8.  Volga ended up winning the game 9-8 in 10 innings.  Ryan Sauter's sac fly in the 10th was the difference.

I think Ryan is an SDSU baseball player or former player.

GO JACKS
            I think this is positive news. Granted, the stamina and fitness required to play amatuer baseball is substantially less than that needed for DI college basketball. I think given Matt's solid work ethic and desire to succeed he will be playing basketball for SDSU this fall. I am not sure that he will be 100% but I will take him at 75% over a lot of other players.

Being a native of the best town in Hamlin County I must say that I am sorry to see that we lost to Volga. Its early in the year, Go Lake Norden Lakers, Go Jackrabbits.

Comment

Working...
            X