D I opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D I opponents

SDSUFAN-I'm sure based on your contributions you should be getting one. It's done in the Ticket office and I would contact them.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

Where does one go to get on this Jack Flash e-newsletter email list?  I have never heard of a such a publication but would love to receive it.

SDSUFAN,

Contact Erin Breczinski@sdstate.edu. He will get you taken care of.

Comment

She will take care of you! ;D ;D ;D ;D
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Opps. :-[

Comment

From the GF Herald (I don't remember a lot of SDSU stories in the Herald in the past ???)-not exactly ground breaking news, but at least SDSU is getting media coverage 240 miles away.
            http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandf...ts/9017261.htm
            COLLEGE BASKETBALL

SDSU heads for Big Apple

South Dakota State will play a men's basketball game in New York next season as the Jackrabbits open their first NCAA Division I schedule.

SDSU will play Manhattan - an NCAA tournament qualifier this past season - on Nov. 27 in the Big Apple.

SDSU released a portion of its schedule recently. Of the 19 games scheduled, only six will be played in Brookings.

The Jacks will travel to mid-major schools Butler, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and San Diego State. SDSU also may play at Illinois-Chicago, which also earned a spot in the NCAA's field of 65 last March.

The lack of home games won't be as big of a problem in two seasons. Manhattan, Butler, Denver, Missouri-Kansas City, Tennessee State, Southeast Missouri State and Wisconsin-Milwaukee will play SDSU in Brookings in the 2005-06 season.

Comment

Amusing exchanges going on on the Valparaiso board:

http://www.voy.com/31005/29441.html

referring to the Butler board

http://p204.ezboard.com/fbuhoopsfrm1...cID=6940.topic

I get the impression that Valpo doesn't like Butler very much . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Of all the posts on the Butler site this is the most telling regarding the addition of SDSU to their schedule.  The school's website refers to SDSU.  This was posted on June 20th:

"Re: schedule
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                According to the school's website, they are a D-II school that has made 24 post season appearance including 8 of the past 9-yrs. Sent an e-mail to their SID to see if they are D-I bound. "

Someone needs to make note of our move to DI in a prominent place on the webiste.  The past is the past, lets move into the future.  This needs to happen ASAP.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I did a little intro of SDSU over on the Butler board. So we may see some Bulldogs on our board sooner or later.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Not DI but 2004-05 schedule related.

On the D-II Basketball board:
                    http://campus.umr.edu/sports/opendate.html

South Dakota State
                    SDSU is in the process of transition to Div 1 but are playing division II people at home. We count as a Division I opponent in strength of schedule calculations. We are looking for Div II oponents of the following dates:
                    Dec. 28 & Dec. 29 Jackrabbit Holiday Classic (2
                    games) - Play Classic format against SDSU and Nebraska Omaha - Guarantee available
                    Nov 24 Play SDSU - One Game - Guarantee Available
                    Dec. 7 Play 1 game - SDSU - Guarantee vailable
                    Troy Larson
                    Assistant Basketball Coach
                    South Dakota State University
                    Phone: 605-688-6224
                    Email : <mailto:Troy_Larson@sdstate.edu> Troy_Larson@sdstate.edu
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Re: D I opponents

Rumor!  Rumor!  Rumor!  Rumor!  Rumor!

There's talk (second hand at best, but allegedly from what my informant considers "a good source&quot that SDSU is working on a 2 away and 1 home contract with . . . well . . . a school which spent most of last season in the top ten in both the AP and USA Today polls.

I'd be more specific but a) it's only a rumor and b) if true, I don't want to jinx it.

Let's just say it ain't Upper Iowa, or Nebraska-Omaha, or even Manhattan.  We may get thumped by 40+ (again)  > but the return game in Frost would definitely be the Game of the Century in S.D.  Guaranteed sellout, and likely at least Fox Sports Net regional television.

Keep your fingers crossed . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                      X