D I opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D I opponents

Anyone heard any information on the 2004/2005 Basketball Schedule for Men and Women? I imagine they are waiting to the last possible moment to announce so they can secure as many games as possible. An independent schedule will look strange. Hopefully we can secure a conference for the 2005/2006 campaign.

Comment

I have heard, through the grapevine, that the schedules will not be released until some time in June. I believe both programs are trying to trade up for better games until the last possible moment. Rumors are, there will be some very interesting match-ups on the road if they we are able to nail them down.

It will be an exciting year!

Go Jacks!

Comment

Looks like SDSU plays Northern in Aberdeen on Jan. 3.

http://www.northern.edu/athletics/De...05Results.html
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

With the game scheduled in Aberdeen next season, I would assume that this is the back half of a "home" & "home" contract. It's good to see the Wolves steppin' up and playing CU and CSU next year. I expect to see NSU on the schedule every year until the NCAA says we can't play them anymore.

Comment

Must be a doubleheader for the men and women on Jan 3rd. That will become a rare event in the future.

Looks like USD's Chad Lavin has run off another women's BBall player. That makes 10 in three years.

Laura Weggahopf is listed as a transfer to Northern State next year. She was a red shirt last year.

Comment

The Jack Mens Team has always tough Michigan Tech in Brookings on December 18th. The women have Concordia St. Paul coming to town on December 11th.

Comment

Checked schools in a number of the DI conferences that I assume we could be playing and majority have not announced 2004/2005 Basketball schedules. I assume Augie will be on the schedule while USD continues to hide in the weeds and schedules patsies.

Comment

Not anything offical, but filbert put together a list of Independent D-I teams over on Bisonville. I would guess that we might be playing many of them home and home this coming season. Hopefully we see some Missouri Valley, Horizon, Big Sky, and Mid-Con teams as well. 

Utah Valley State College Wolverines, Orem, UT (23-5)  
                  Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Islanders, Corpus Christi, TX (15-11)  
                  North Dakota State Bison, Fargo, ND (16-13)  
                  Texas Pan American Broncs, Edinburg, TX (14-14)  
                  Northern Colorado Bears, Greeley, CO (6-22)  
                  Longwood University Lancers, Farmville, VA (5-22)  
                  Savannah State Tigers, Savannah, GA (4-24)  
                  IPFW Mastadons, Fort Wayne, IN (3-25)  

Go State! ;D

Comment

I would honestly be suprised to see many decent DI teams on the Jacks schedule this year. Remember, SDSU and NDSU count as a DII opponent for DI schools in the 2004-2005 season. That has to put a hurt on their RPI. :-/ Maryland and Marshall backed out of a date this year with the NDSU women after they found that out.

I don't know about the schools Filbert listed, but WDAY reported earlier that the following schools will have an "affiliation" to help fill out their indy schedules:

NDSU
                    SDSU
                    UNC
                    Texas Corpus Cristi
                    Texas Pan Am
                    Utah Valley State
                    Ft. Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy

I don't know about the schools Filbert listed, but WDAY reported earlier that the following schools will have an "affiliation" to help fill out their indy schedules:

NDSU
                      SDSU  
                      UNC
                      Texas Corpus Cristi
                      Texas Pan Am
                      Utah Valley State
                      Ft. Wayne

The same schools were mentioned by A.J. in an interview on Depot Radio at the end of the BBall season. He sounded like they were a "done deal" even at that early date.

I know that both coaches have been working very hard to get as many quality D-I games as they can.

Let's not forget that we will be transitioning the next two to three years.

Comment

This is upcoming season will be the most difficult for the schedule, by far. Both schools will count as a DI opponent in 2005-2006 so the schedules should look a lot better. Maryland said they would play NDSU in 2005.

Comment

I'm hoping that SDSU can get games with Tex-CC and Tex-Pan Am over a weekend. Its always warm in S. Texas- even in January, and the redfish should be biting in Laguna Madre!!! Any Jack fans making that roadtrip (if the games materalize)?

Comment

I've heard it will be late July or August before we have a completed Basketball schedule.

Comment

How about a game at KU?? Any insight from those in the area?

From Lawrence, KS

Schedule update: KU still is looking for two home games -- one at Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo., and one in Allen Fieldhouse.

KU originally was to have played Cal in Kemper, but that game will be held in K.C. during the 05-06 season. This year's Kemper game will be included on KU's season-ticket package.

KU will travel to Kentucky and Villanova. The home slate includes Saint Joseph's, Georgia Tech, TCU, Nevada and Vermont.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Doc,

It is possible. There is a South Dakota connection at the KU athletic department. I have always held out hope that we could get a home game with the Jayhawks (a 2 for 1, or 3 for 1 kind of deal) because Lew Perkins' (KU's AD) wife, the former Gwen Flaum, is from Watertown.  They meet while they were going to school at  Iowa.  When he first came to town I heard him on one of the local sports talk radio shows and he said they get back to Watertown regularly.

http://www.kuathletics.com/directory/perkins.html

Even if we couldn't get the home game, any game against the Jayhawks would be GREAT. I would also like to see us playing Kansas State we could probably hang with the Wildcats!  ;D  

Go State! 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X