Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next: IPFW

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    AHHHHHH, WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES!!!

Remember last week when the sky was falling? Now we have a chance to move into second place in the conference with a couple of home wins.

This team is starting to come together and there is no way they didn't have a huge confidence jump after the two wins last weekend. The effort was there on the defensive side and they dominated the boards. That is the recipe for success for this team. Keep that up and the sky is the limit.

GET YOUR BUTTS TO FROST THRUSDAY NIGHT! Do me a favor will ya? MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

SUPERBUNNY
    Sky was falling. 1 miracle comeback win and a nail biting struggle to the finish for a victory has this team 1 loss from 6th place. Just another way to look at it.

Need 40 mins of defensive intensity coupled with offensive efficiency in front of a raucous crowd. Jackrabbits don't lose at Frost. The last 2 games need to be left behind like the aberrations we know they were.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Sky was falling. 1 miracle comeback win and a nail biting struggle to the finish for a victory has this team 1 loss from 6th place. Just another way to look at it.

Need 40 mins of defensive intensity coupled with offensive efficiency in front of a raucous crowd. Jackrabbits don't lose at Frost. The last 2 games need to be left behind like the aberrations we know they were.
      The biggest factor, however, is that we won 2 road games over middle of the pack to upper summit league teams. ANY road win is a good win!
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Sky was falling. 1 miracle comeback win and a nail biting struggle to the finish for a victory has this team 1 loss from 6th place.
        I agree with 1979.

Those were road wins and I've heard plenty about "how hard it is to win on the road" and how we "only need to go .500 on the road". Though we need to finish the job by beating both Denver and USD at home, road wins typically = tie breakers. I still contend, however, that seeding will fairly meaningless for 3-6. This year's parity is impressive.

We are about to learn a lot about FW. If they sweep this Dakota trip they are clearly the dominant favorite. I don't expect that. Start a new winning streak at Frost with a big one thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          The biggest factor, however, is that we won 2 road games over middle of the pack to upper summit league teams. ANY road win is a good win!
          Not arguing that fact at all. Huge wins that could have and would have been losses had one play gone a different way. My point you might be wondering? I'm not sure. The goal is to win games. Jackrabbits weren't doing that enough early and now seem to have righted the ship on the back of a couple of squeakers. I'll take it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yes, two home losses is more than enough for this season. SDSU/NDSU need to reestablish themselves as the power teams with a sweep of the IP's this weekend. True on both the men & women's teams.

Comment

IPFW made 15 three pointers against Omaha last week so I hope our perimeter defense is up to the challenge. I am hoping for a big turn out to help us get the W.

Comment

Jackmd, I totally get where you're coming from.

I guess we can look at the glass as half empty or half full. One way or the other we will know a lot more about the our team and the conference after Thursday night.

The Jacks one two games on the road in arguably the toughest road trip that they make in conference. They've struggled on the road all year so any wins away from Frost are big. Were they close to two losses? Yes, but they weren't! I chose to give them credit and look at the glass as half full.

Our four seniors are stepping it up and we are getting big contributions from Bittle and Horstman.

March is what matters and if this effort continues on the court I like our chances in SF against everyone.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Next: IPFW

More perspective: The mighty, virtually unbeatable, all-world Bison were probably just a Gruis FT from going 0-2 on that same USD/Denver trip. It is what it is, two nice wins in two very entertaining games. I like to try and enjoy the journey a little instead of being solely worried about the destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    Jackmd, I totally get where you're coming from.

I guess we can look at the glass as half empty or half full. One way or the other we will know a lot more about the our team and the conference after Thursday night.

The Jacks one two games on the road in arguably the toughest road trip that they make in conference. They've struggled on the road all year so any wins away from Frost are big. Were they close to two losses? Yes, but they weren't! I chose to give them credit and look at the glass as half full.

Our four seniors are stepping it up and we are getting big contributions from Bittle and Horstman.

March is what matters and if this effort continues on the court I like our chances in SF against everyone.

SUPERBUNNY
                    Considering that Nate Wolters never got a win in Vermillion , I'm thinking half-full is more appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      More perspective: The mighty, virtually unbeatable, all-world Bison were probably just a Gruis FT from going 0-2 on that same USD/Denver trip. It is what it is, two nice wins in two very entertaining games. I like to try and enjoy the journey a little instead of being solely worried about the destination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      BINGO! REP POINTS!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Regional television is a factor in game attendance. If a game is going to be on live TV, people are less likely to make the drive from Sioux Falls or wherever. Even so, TV exposure is a plus. It helps create, grow and feed the fan base.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

SDSU wearing camouflage uniforms and warmups for military appreciation night tomorrow night.

SDSU uniform.jpgSDSU warmup.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            SDSU wearing camouflage uniforms and warmups for military appreciation night tomorrow night.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508[/ATTACH]
                            Very cool. Nice to see our University doing things like this.

Going to be a tough game tonight. Hope the young men come ready to play.

I have faith.

Comment

Big weekend in the Summit League. An IPFW sweep and the regular season is all but over. If IPFW gets swept and it's anyone's guess who will win the regular season title. As I see this one the Rabbits perimeter defense needs be great and the inside game on offense needs to be established early. Hopefully an early dunk from Cody can get him and the crowd going right from the start. Be loud!

GO RABBITS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Regional television is a factor in game attendance. If a game is going to be on live TV, people are less likely to make the drive from Sioux Falls or wherever. Even so, TV exposure is a plus. It helps create, grow and feed the fan base.
                                Regional TV is blowing it tonight. I went and looked this morning and Midco is covering the NDSU/IUPUI game tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X