IUPUI - Conference opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IUPUI - Conference opener

The indy station uses George Hill to do a lot of promotion. They did questioned the goal tending by Larson, and they might be right. I doubt it would have changed the out come though.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Well, the T definitely took the momentum away from the Jags, who just hit a 3 to bring it to a 3 point game, but, you're right, it probably wouldn't have swung the game.
      No doubt about it. Its a shame a coach does those things.

Comment

Jake Bittle: 10 pts, 5 steals, 6 assists. That's gettin' it done.

Dykstra: 26 pts, 9 rebs.

Larson: 22 pts, 6 rebs.

Carlson: 19 pts.

Comment

Nice road win to open the conference season!

Comment

Larson is averaging 18 points over his last four games. He also leads the team in blocks (23 vs. 11 for Heemstra/White) and is just behind Dykstra in rebounds. Imagine the hole we would be in if he did not get cleared to play this season. Instead we are watching him progress with every game to an All-Conference level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If Larson and Dykstra can play like the way they did tonight and if White can hit a couple 3s a games we are going to be a very tough team to beat. Looking forward to the IPFW game on Saturday. Maybe the Bison are overrated a bit? Braun had 6 turnovers in their loss to the dons

Comment

Or a statement by ipfw. Just because they've had a good year so far and it was easy to doubt them.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  If Larson and Dykstra can play like the way they did tonight and if White can hit a couple 3s a games we are going to be a very tough team to beat. Looking forward to the IPFW game on Saturday. Maybe the Bison are overrated a bit? Braun had 6 turnovers in their loss to the dons
                  They might be a little over rated but obviously a good team.

Braun was a game time decision. He's been hurt.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I almost feel sorry for some of the other schools when it comes to matchups. Yes, IUPUI and IPFW are a pair of tough games for us to get ready for with only a day between games. But can you imagine how tough it is for opposing teams to have to play the Jacks/Bison double header? Neither us or the Bison put up as strong a defensive battle last night as we should have, but that has to be a scary double header to prepare for. Both teams are physical, have as good a post presence as anyone in the league, have athletic slashers, and can reasonably hurt you from behind the arc. The only saving grace is that our two teams are somewhat similar to prepare for. Last year they also had the Nate factor that created headaches.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      I said to some friends when Larson was cleared to play that the Jacks probably had the 2 best post players in the Summit, now.

I'm very glad to see this come true, although it was wishful thinking through Homer glasses.

With Bittle back, it improves the team's defense so much more, and he's just going to continue to improve.

Many on here have said that once they figured out how to play together in games, this would be a pretty darn good team. And let's be honest...95% of what was done the last 3 years on offense was Wolters focused (with good reason). But the guys needed some time to find their way. It certainly appears that is happening. Now, I still expect a few bumps in the road, but very pleased and excited about the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        I said to some friends when Larson was cleared to play that the Jacks probably had the 2 best post players in the Summit, now.

I'm very glad to see this come true, although it was wishful thinking through Homer glasses.

With Bittle back, it improves the team's defense so much more, and he's just going to continue to improve.

Many on here have said that once they figured out how to play together in games, this would be a pretty darn good team. And let's be honest...95% of what was done the last 3 years on offense was Wolters focused (with good reason). But the guys needed some time to find their way. It certainly appears that is happening. Now, I still expect a few bumps in the road, but very pleased and excited about the rest of the season.
                        I am surprised someone has not called me out on my comments about Cody Larson and missing those easy inside shots. Don't get me wrong, its just looked like he should make them all like Marshall Bjorkland did in the one game against us last year. I did some checking on the team stats and Cody does have the highest FG percentage a .541. He has made through last night's game 79-146 attempts which is the best percentage on the team so far. This percentage tops Brayden Carlson who is just 50 percent and Dykstra is 49 per cent. Though it looks so easy to a fan such as myself, I just wish he could raise his FG percent a few more points. If we have 3 guys who are over or near 50 percent on FG, not counting 3 pt., we should darn near be 50 percent on all FG. As others have stated, it creates match up problems. I think we are definitely moving in the right direction, and come March we will be a very good basketball team.

Last night the Indy announcer mentioned that SDSU got the lead when their two top players got 2 fouls and they had to sit. More mismatches, and our guys took advantage. Our guys are finding their own way, No doubt about it.

Comment

He's gotta loosen up that jump hook shot. He doesn't look comfortable with that. So I guess I saw what you were saying. But he does get a good amount of free throws so that in a way makes his field goal percentage better.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            The only question mark is the D. A few too many easy looks for my liking. I think they'll get it tightened up.
                            Agree, perimeter D is going to have to be "tighter" as the season goes on. This was a nice road win and should give the team and fans some confidence moving forward. This team can compete for a Summit League title if they stay healthy and play as hard as they did last night every night.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well, what I considered to be the preseason is over and their first conference game is on the road and had a double digit. I think this team is progressing nicely and hopefully they don't lay any eggs along the way.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Three straight road wins is great. I don't care who you are or who you beat winning three in a row on the road in college basketball is tough to do. People forget how we played on the road last year with losses at Hofstra, CSU Bakersfield, USD and blowouts at Belmont and Murray st. This team is really coming together. If chad white starts getting hot from three this we will be really tough. Bittle and Larsen are serious athletic forces and give me hope not only for an ncaa tourney run this year but next year as well.

IPFW looks like a legitimate contender this year. Go look at their schedule. A one point loss at Dayton and 2 point loss at Illinois for a 13-5 team. Yikes. Losing the volume shooting frank Gaines might have helped them. Don't be shocked with a split with these guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X