Bittle Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bittle Excitement

Little late to the party on this one but I loved Jake Bittle's enthusiasm last Saturday vs. Belmont. After a big SDSU hoop during Belmont's 2nd half run Bittle came down the court and encouraged the fans to get on their feet. Here's a quote from coach after the game:

“If he plays like that he’s got a chance to be a star for us, I think,” Nagy said. “Sometimes we’ve got to calm him down. We had a good talk, Jake and I did, because I’m trying to keep guys under control and he thinks, ‘Hey, we need some emotion.’”

I agree Jake can't be on an emotional roller coaster every game but I hope coach isn't going to take his excitement for the game away at all times. I loved it and it got the fans out of their seats and on their feet. Home court advantage!

Difficult game tomorrow. Hopefully the team shows up with some emotion and passion on the road - GO Rabbits!

Re: Bittle Excitement

I got the feeling that Nagy will let Jake be Jake. You got to have at least one rowdy rabbit.

Comment

From the way the team often looked hesitant and flat-footed without Bittle, I'm guessing he'll end up with the green light to continue to stir things up. It's amazing how far some players can come between the freshman and sophomore seasons. We saw it with Wolters, Carlson, and now Bittle. Hopefully Broman and/or Devine see a similar improvement next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I got the feeling that Nagy will let Jake be Jake. You got to have at least one rowdy rabbit.
        Yet sometimes, one is t0o many.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          It's amazing how far some players can come between the freshman and sophomore seasons.
          Which is why I've always said a red shirt year is very very valuable. We just don't see many impact freshman at the mid-major level.

It's big to be able to add a year of muscle and have a year to learn the system.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Which is why I've always said a red shirt year is very very valuable. We just don't see many impact freshman at the mid-major level.

It's big to be able to add a year of muscle and have a year to learn the system.
            In theory I would agree, last year we needed depth so we played Jake. Ideally we should have Rs him

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              In theory I would agree, last year we needed depth so we played Jake. Ideally we should have Rs him
              Exactly. Since we started transition we have not had the luxury of red-shirting. We are getting to the point where we can (ie, Severyn this year). That's going to make our program stronger. You win with experience at the mid-major level.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Exactly. Since we started transition we have not had the luxury of red-shirting. We are getting to the point where we can (ie, Severyn this year). That's going to make our program stronger. You win with experience at the mid-major level.
                While I tend to agree with the general sentiment, there are going to be recruits who are a reach. One of the factors that could bring them to SDSU is the likelihood of immediate playing time. I suspect Jake took the SDSU offer with the writing on the wall for playing time over other offers that would likely lead to a redshirt year.

The same could likely be said for Dykstra, although there are obviously many factors at play for him and all recruits.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  While I tend to agree with the general sentiment, there are going to be recruits who are a reach. One of the factors that could bring them to SDSU is the likelihood of immediate playing time. I suspect Jake took the SDSU offer with the writing on the wall for playing time over other offers that would likely lead to a redshirt year.

The same could likely be said for Dykstra, although there are obviously many factors at play for him and all recruits.

Immediate playing time is most likely a factor. Most kids would rather play than sit, even if that means going to a smaller/different school.
                  Great moments are born from great opportunities.
                  ---Herb Brooks

Comment

Working...
                  X