Jan. 22, home NDSU  
    Jan. 23, home Briar Cliff  
    Jan. 29, at Indiana-Purdue Ft. Wayne  
    Feb. 9, home SiTanka Huron
    Feb. 12, home Sioux Falls  
    Feb. 16, home Doane
    Feb. 18, home Upper Iowa  
    Feb. 26, at NDSU  

Central Florida is a great game.  They won the Atlantic Sun Championship and made the NCAA Tourney (Big Dance) last year.  This coming season they will be there last in the A-SUN as next year they will be moving to C-USA. Their football team plays in the MAC and will also be moving to C-USA (and you thought our hunt for a conference home was difficult.   ).  This is a good pick up for the Jackrabbits.  The women's schedule is really looking strong!

http://www.ucfathletics.com/

Go State, beat the Golden Knights!   ;D

P.S. Central Florida is where Minnesota Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper went to school.  

Comment

Re: 2004-05 basketball schedules

In addition to the women's games above, the Southern Cal web site has us listed for a game there on Dec 11. Northern still has us listed for a women's game there on Feb. 1st. The men's game at Northern is no longer listed as we had a conflict. I am guessing that the contract may not be signed on the Southern Cal game but that it is essentially a done deal. On the Northern game I don't know if they just haven't removed it yet or if it may still be on the schedule but not final.

http://www.northern.edu/athletics/De...-05Results.htm

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/...kbl-sched.html

Comment

Aaron was on the Craig and Mike show, live from Brookings and he said that we have two more Home and homes to add to the list, and he is working on one more game.

USC Trojans
        Middle Tenn. State

The Trojans will be in Frost Arena in either the '05-'06 season or the '06-'07 season. That is awesome! 8)

Go State! ;D

Comment

I was checking out Marquette's home page to see if there was a story on the soccor tournament this weekend. There was also a story saying that their non-coference men's basketball schedule had just been announced. I opened it up and there was South Dakota State on their schedule for Dec. 7 in Milwaukee. One more game for the men's schedule. It is probably the toughest game on the schedule at this point.

Comment

If this is fact, I need to make it to this game. I am working in the intensive care unit that month but I will do all I can to attend. Go Jackrabbits!!!
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We will be playing in Milwaukee. Here is some more info and a link to the Marquette site.

Marquette follows up its Michigan trip with home contests against Delaware State (Dec. 1) and South Dakota State (Dec. 7). South Dakota State won 118 games and made five consecutive postseason appearances at the Division II level since 1999, before moving to Division I for the upcoming season.

http://www.gomarquette.com/index.php...ange_well_id=2
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                We will be playing in Milwaukee.  Here is some more info and a link to the Marquette site.

Marquette follows up its Michigan trip with home contests against Delaware State (Dec. 1) and South Dakota State (Dec. 7). South Dakota State won 118 games and made five consecutive postseason appearances at the Division II level since 1999, before moving to Division I for the upcoming season.

http://www.gomarquette.com/index.php...ange_well_id=2
                This is so cool. I work with a Marquette grad here in KC. Let the smack begin!!!!! The Golden Eagles are goin' DOWN!!!!

(The only thing better would be game with Mizzou, KU, or KSU...or the Lady Jacks with the Tennessee Lady Vols (my fiance bleeds orange)...)
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It is interesting to compare the SDSU and NDSU schedules as posted at this point. For the men, SDSU has 14-17 D-I oponents (depending on how many of the National Independnet Tournanment opponents are D-I) compared to 8 for NDSU. For the women, SDSU has 14 D-I opponents and the only D-I opponent for NDSU is SDSU.

Comment

From the Argus . . .

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Tuesdayarticle4.shtml

SDSU to play Marquette
                    Chris Solari
                    Argus Leader

published: 8/24/2004

Men's basketball will visit national power Dec. 7

South Dakota State's men's basketball team is going to visit the big time.

The Jackrabbits will play national power Marquette on Dec. 7 in Milwaukee, SDSU coach Scott Nagy confirmed Monday night.

"We talked to our players about it, and they were all excited, so we went ahead and did it," Nagy said. "I certainly expect our players to go in there and compete."

<snip>

Former Skyforce assistant Trey Schwab is a special assistant to Crean at Marquette.

The schools inked a two-game deal, with the second also in Milwaukee in 2005-06.

"If we're going to figure out what it takes for us to be a good Division I program, we've got to see it and play it," SDSU Athletic Director Fred Oien said. "Kudos to Scott, that they want to play quality Division I opponents."  
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This is good news. Both games away will help us out budget wise. Of course no mention of the guarentee, but it is probably is more than what we are paying Mayville State to come to Brookings. I agree whole heartly with Dr Oien, we need to find out what it takes to be D1 competitive. My Kudos to Coach Nagy too.

Comment

This is a great boost to the schedule. May have to visit the relatives in WI early for Christmas.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This is not a surprise. All along the folks in the Athletic Department were telling the public that the Jackrabbits, over time, would play terrific competition. Many detractors scoffed at the notion that SDSU would schedule big time teams.

Comment

Good luck to the Jacks against Marquette.

Several years ago, back in the Al McQuire days and the New (??)Armory days Marquette came to Vermillion to play the Yotes. As told to me, McQuire swore he would never again return unless a new facility was built. I wish I could have been there.

Comment

I visited Milwaukee this summer and they have a great downtown area. Upscale hotels such as the Hilton and more affordable but decent hotels like the New Towne Inn are just a couple of blocks from the Bradley Center. (After all these years in radio, guess which one I stayed in? )Plenty of options for Jacks fans heading off to see the big city!

Comment

This should be a priority game for arranging a bus trip. Bus could leave late Monday afternoon arriving in Milwaukee sometime around midnight. Pre-game gathering Tuesday afternoon and rock the Bradley center Tuesday night. Then back on the bus for a red-eye trip home late Tuesday night. At work Wednesday morning, only 1 day of vacation used. Pick me up on I-90 at the Rochester exit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X