GDT: SDSU @ UCSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU @ UCSB

UCSB shot 55% from the field tonight. No way we beat any team when giving up that %. A lot of Williams' shots were a foot away from the basket. We had no answer for him.

SDSU: 15 turnovers to 12 assists. Not gonna get it done.

It's so frustrating with this team in that they go on great spurts where they play good D and shoot well. Then they have 4-5 minute stretches where all they do is turn the ball over. That's been a common theme so far this year. I know it's early, but you'd think a team with 3 seniors and a 4th year junior (in the starting lineup) would turn the ball over less.

Comment

**4 seniors and a 4th year junior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Nagy comments paraphrased.

"UCSB was more well prepared. Jacks didn't get off to a good start. UCSB did better at every statistical category. They made the tough plays, we didn't.

Jacks 3pt shooting is not great. 38% is not gonna win games for us. 63% on the FT line. Every time something tough happened, we didn't get it done. Has a great group of kids, but sometimes has to get grimy (tough and nasty) to win games. It's something we're gonna have to change for this team.

Looking for the 4 seniors to step up. Hurts us not to have Bittle. He's a kid who will get "grimy" before any of our other players.

Doesn't matter what Stanford does, if we're gonna be soft like tonight. "

Comment

Another stat that is troubling.

Brayden Carlson is averaging 3.6 TO/g and 2.7 AST/g. That just can't happen. I hope he turns it around.

Sorry for the negativity, just really thought we could have won this one tonight. Had a lead in the second half and end up losing by 19.

Comment

From the UCSB Message Boards: :"The SDSU coach.. i was a bit worried for him. He was yelling so loud in the huddles I thought he might keel over."
            Seems they have even more problems with Big West TV that we have with Neulion etc. No-one got any video feed for the entire game, their live stats were haywire and then they lost the audio towards the end as well.
            Jacks 0-10 in California in the D1 era.
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
              From the UCSB Message Boards: :"The SDSU coach.. i was a bit worried for him. He was yelling so loud in the huddles I thought he might keel over."
              Seems they have even more problems with Big West TV that we have with Neulion etc. No-one got any video feed for the entire game, their live stats were haywire and then they lost the audio towards the end as well.
              Jacks 0-10 in California in the D1 era.
              This is funny, our coach is the only one who put on a show.
              Was Larson at this game? Williams getting buckets 1 foot from the basket does not sound right. Seems like he should have gotten a hand in his face a few times, and maybe he did. I only have an audio source, so hard to tell what happen. Coach said in the post game that they needed to study this game's film to find out what they are doing wrong. I am sure they will figure it out and adjust. It would be nice to get a PAC 12 win without Wolters. Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Another stat that is troubling.

Brayden Carlson is averaging 3.6 TO/g and 2.7 AST/g. That just can't happen. I hope he turns it around.

Sorry for the negativity, just really thought we could have won this one tonight. Had a lead in the second half and end up losing by 19.
                It might be troubling , but it's understandable. Simply put , he is a wing player being forced to play point guard. When you have spent 3 years trying to spot up and get open on the wing , trying to change that mentality to concentrate on being responsible for running the offense isn't going to happen overnight. I don't know if he played the point in high school , but even if he did, it's a big jump from doing it 4 years ago at Brookings High to doing it at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  This is funny, our coach is the only one who put on a show.
                  Was Larson at this game? Williams getting buckets 1 foot from the basket does not sound right. Seems like he should have gotten a hand in his face a few times, and maybe he did. I only have an audio source, so hard to tell what happen. Coach said in the post game that they needed to study this game's film to find out what they are doing wrong. I am sure they will figure it out and adjust. It would be nice to get a PAC 12 win without Wolters. Just saying...
                  UCSB is not PAC 12.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                    UCSB is not PAC 12.
                    He may be looking ahead to Sunday at Stanford!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      He may be looking ahead to Sunday at Stanford!
                      got it

Comment

Working...
                      X