Rule Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rule Changes

I think we had a thread somewhere about possible changes but anyway, they made some necessary ones,imo. I did get a kick out of Rick Pitino chiming in, considering his team was one of the worst offenders for putting their hand on an offensive player.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...2013-14-season

Re: Rule Changes

The block/charge should be more easy to determine with the new rule. It is more like the call may have been many years ago which makes the defense have an established spot prior to the offensive person leaving the floor. The rule changes probably will be expected to lengthen games unless the refs give the players a warning before calling the hand checks and arm bars for the early games. However, we can be sure that many coaches will have players stretch the referees to find how the games will be called. Good defense will require more effort as the big men down low should not be able to jab the offensive guy with his back to the bucket and the perimeter players will not be able to arm bar someone to catch up.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
      I think we had a thread somewhere about possible changes but anyway, they made some necessary ones,imo. I did get a kick out of Rick Pitino chiming in, considering his team was one of the worst offenders for putting their hand on an offensive player.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...2013-14-season
      Old Rick "keep smacking them because the refs can't call all the fouls" Pitino. I know KU plays a physical style of defense as well, but Pitino's teams take the cake. Just hack hack hack.

EDIT: also good to see there will be no more flopping. How will Duke survive? We may see Coach K's head explode early in the season.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Old Rick "keep smacking them because the refs can't call all the fouls" Pitino. I know KU plays a physical style of defense as well, but Pitino's teams take the cake. Just hack hack hack.

EDIT: also good to see there will be no more flopping. How will Duke survive? We may see Coach K's head explode early in the season.
        Will see how long the officials make these call with coaches like Pitino and Coach K. whining constantly.

Comment

Has anyone read any info for players away from the ball and any contact among those players? It is not unusual to see the same thing down low in the paint for jabbing contact or cutters being arm barred.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Has anyone read any info for players away from the ball and any contact among those players? It is not unusual to see the same thing down low in the paint for jabbing contact or cutters being arm barred.
            • Continually jabbing an opponent by extending an arm or placing a hand or forearm on the opponent. I would think that sentence would encompass what you're talking about. It should anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X