2015 Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

A point guard from Iowa announced today that he was transferring. I'm assuming it's because of lack of playing time. He's listed at 6' which i think is a stretch but watched him play a few times and he's really quick. He transferred to IA as a JUCO out of Williston State. After sitting a year,he would still have 2 to play.

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2015/2/2...sfer-from-iowa

Comment

There's an option...#1 JUCO PG last year I believe

Comment

SDSU was never on Anim's radar. He was going to go higher. In fact I totally forgot that Sdsu had offered when he said he was going to make his decision today.

I just really wish State would have got JT Gibson.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

No inside info here but I still think at least one guy transfers out and State has two more open scholarships.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            No inside info here but I still think at least one guy transfers out and State has two more open scholarships.
            Broman has been mostly absent this year

Comment

Please be careful about speculation regarding specific student athletes transferring out. We have historically had a pretty aggressive policy here against discussing specific people transferring out unless you have a source you will name here.

This is a historical artifact of the bad old days of the early transition, but we've never bothered to change the policy so it's still in force.

Friendly reminder.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                Broman has been mostly absent this year
                Strange that you bring up. Coach Nagy was asked about him in the presser. Nagy said Broman is a very good guard, its just that better ones have come in. Broman will get his chances year after next after Marshall and Parks are gone. I don't look for him to transfer. Nagy said those guys beyond the 10 deep are battling every day in practice for playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Strange that you bring up. Coach Nagy was asked about him in the presser. Nagy said Broman is a very good guard, its just that better ones have come in. Broman will get his chances year after next after Marshall and Parks are gone. I don't look for him to transfer. Nagy said those guys beyond the 10 deep are battling every day in practice for playing time.
                  Thanks for the info. Was not speculating @ all. It's just we (friends and I) were talking and it came up that he has played quite a few less min than last year (eye test only). No doubt George and parks have affected this, It also seems Mofatt has as well.

Comment

Late in that WIU blowout I was thinking about how few "new" openings there will be next year. Theissen will likely replace our only lost starter. Doyle/Devine will replace Theissen as our backup center. Flatten/Severyn seem to be logical replacements for Horstman. Those names make up a 9-man rotation.

Can you imagine Nagy going beyond 9?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      Late in that WIU blowout I was thinking about how few "new" openings there will be next year. Theissen will likely replace our only lost starter. Doyle/Devine will replace Theissen as our backup center. Flatten/Severyn seem to be logical replacements for Horstman. Those names make up a 9-man rotation.

Can you imagine Nagy going beyond 9?
                      It's scary to think how good those 4 returning starters will be next year after having played together for a season. And as good as Tellinghuisen has been this year . I think he makes a big jump next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        It's scary to think how good those 4 returning starters will be next year after having played together for a season. And as good as Tellinghuisen has been this year . I think he makes a big jump next season.
                        And some of the young guys like flatten and severn only getting better with a high ceiling.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Broman will be a senior year after next.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Broman will be a senior year after next.
                            Yes. I figured that out. This notion about transfer does not seem to have any weight, and that's my point. I don't think his goal is to set a scoring record at SDSU either. Until someone has substance, I believe the young man is here to get an education.

Comment

Yes. I figured that out. This notion about transfer does not seem to have any weight, and that's my point. I don't think his goal is to set a scoring record at SDSU either. Until someone has substance, I believe the young man is here to get an education.
                              Again, there was no speculation here, simply an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                                Again, there was no speculation here, simply an observation.
                                Not picking on you slosho, but there seems to be a general feeling based on past experience that he just might transfer, myself included, but based on Nagy's comments, he seems to be willing to ride the pine and fight for playing time. And to battle good players like Marshall and Parks on a daily basis does give one some satisfaction I would suspect. I could dead wrong on this take to but don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X