Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    The Browns were at Cubbys before the NDSU game. I dont know what that means. I didnt talk to them but if i see Beau or mom and dad, i will see if i can get some info out of them.
    Be sure to post that ill gotten info here. Just joking, I think most parents will share what they want too. The quality of education has to weigh into these decisions and on that end we match up with just about anyone. I do hope Mr. Brown becomes a Jackrabbit and gets a very good education in the process. Tools for life.

Comment

The Omaha World Herald (Wednesday February 18) had a great article on Adam Dykman from Fremont Bergen who has given a verbal to the Jacks. Sorry I can't attach it, maybe someone can. He is 6-8. He put up 44 points in his last game with 17 rebounds. He lost his Mom last year. His coach said "People think he is D-1 because he is 6-8. No, he's D-1 because he's athletic. If he sees a weakness in his game, he's working on it. He wants to be perfect in everything he does, and that's what makes him special." Adam said the Jacks wanted guards with the two scholarships available but have offered him. Air Force was his other choice but thinks his fit is better with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        The Omaha World Herald (Wednesday February 18) had a great article on Adam Dykman from Fremont Bergen who has given a verbal to the Jacks. Sorry I can't attach it, maybe someone can. He is 6-8. He put up 44 points in his last game with 17 rebounds. He lost his Mom last year. His coach said "People think he is D-1 because he is 6-8. No, he's D-1 because he's athletic. If he sees a weakness in his game, he's working on it. He wants to be perfect in everything he does, and that's what makes him special." Adam said the Jacks wanted guards with the two scholarships available but have offered him. Air Force was his other choice but thinks his fit is better with us.
        http://www.neprepzone.com/sports/add...htmlbd48b.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
          I agree. I'd also expect the last scholly to be a help now - JUCO player or offered to Moffitt for his senior year.
          Just an opinion here but I'm going to assume another scholarship will open up at the end of the year. If there are 3 scholarships (2 with the recent verbal) then maybe Moffitt gets one. The staff needs a PG badly.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
            Just an opinion here but I'm going to assume another scholarship will open up at the end of the year. If there are 3 scholarships (2 with the recent verbal) then maybe Moffitt gets one. The staff needs a PG badly.
            Moffitt is a pharmacy major and with a good GPA might have other sources to finance his college, which might free a scholarship. Just going on the Midco interview from yesterday, he apparently is a very good student, but no doubt deserves an athletic scholarship as well.

Comment

Re:Moffit getting an open scholarship- Nagy has never been one to buy a cow when he can get milk for free. He had an open scholarship in 13/14 after the departure of Prince, he did not allocate it. Corey Jacobsen has been a preferred walk on for 4 years now and hasn't received any scholarship funds. While I would love to see Keaton and Corey share a scholarship I would be very surprised if that happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                Re:Moffit getting an open scholarship- Nagy has never been one to buy a cow when he can get milk for free. He had an open scholarship in 13/14 after the departure of Prince, he did not allocate it. Corey Jacobsen has been a preferred walk on for 4 years now and hasn't received any scholarship funds. While I would love to see Keaton and Corey share a scholarship I would be very surprised if that happened.

At Div I level for basketball all scholarships are full, no partials.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post

Comparing Moffit and Jacobson's scholarship potential is like comparing an apple to an orange.

Comment

Sacar Anim will be announcing where he will attend today at 3:30. Marquette, Northwestern, UNI, Dayton, USD, and other have offered him. SDSU's future PG issues will be answered if he verbals.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                      Sacar Anim will be announcing where he will attend today at 3:30. Marquette, Northwestern, UNI, Dayton, USD, and other have offered him. SDSU's future PG issues will be answered if he verbals.
                      Most sites have him listed as shooting guard or small forward.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Most sites have him listed as shooting guard or small forward.
                        With him being 6'4 he could play PG if needed. I would assume Nagy recruited him as a PG?

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          With him being 6'4 he could play PG if needed. I would assume Nagy recruited him as a PG?
                          He plays wing at DeLaSalle . Gopher recruit Jarvis Johnson is the PG there. From what I've read , going inside and posting up is the strongest part of his game. Has been working on his perimeter game. It sounds like Marquette might be the favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            He plays wing at DeLaSalle . Gopher recruit Jarvis Johnson is the PG there. From what I've read , going inside and posting up is the strongest part of his game. Has been working on his perimeter game. It sounds like Marquette might be the favorite.
                            He's got offers from Big East and MVC teams, and maybe even the Big 10. I don't see him choosing any of the Summit League teams.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

He announced that he will play at Marquette.......

Comment

Not really surprised at all.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X