X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruits

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    JT Gibson to UNO

Edit: At this point, there's one scholarship out there that we've heard of in Dainan Swoope. Not sure if he even still has an offer.
    You have to believe that the Jacks are in on some players that we don't know about. Coaching staff is smart enough to be recruiting more than two players for two openings.

Comment

Don't worry about Deng Geu, even if he turns out great at NDSU, I have doubts he would have done much of anything for SDSU, he just doesn't fit their current style. As previously stated, if he was from Milwaukee we would have never heard of him.

As for current recruits? Who knows. I'm guessing they will try to get at least 1 for the early signing period which is coming up

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        You have to believe that the Jacks are in on some players that we don't know about. Coaching staff is smart enough to be recruiting more than two players for two openings.
        Maybe this is the good news I am searching for.

Comment

Aarias Austin has given verbal to SDSU. He is from Des Moines Area CC. 6-4 combo guard. Averaged 8ppg, 2.5 assists, and 2.7 rebounds as a freshman last season.

Prep Video:

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            Aarias Austin has given verbal to SDSU. He is from Des Moines Area CC. 6-4 combo guard. Averaged 8ppg, 2.5 assists, and 2.7 rebounds as a freshman last season.

Prep Video:
            Love his ability to get to the rim, shot looks a little slow. Likely redshirt to put on some muscle? If he he can play point, could fill a huge need for us.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Love his ability to get to the rim, shot looks a little slow. Likely redshirt to put on some muscle? If he he can play point, could fill a huge need for us.
              Have to remember the video is from him back in High School. I have no clue if he has put on more muscle or if his shot has a faster release. I would think so though. I don't think Nagy would redshirt a jucu would he? I never heard of a juco redshirting before. He kinda reminds me of Parks. He can get to the rim, good shooter, pretty athletic, taller guard. I still think Nagy is going to be looking for a true point guard.

Comment

Aarias Austin also had offers from NDSU, USD, Idaho State, and FGCU (aka Dunk City). He chose SDSU because of the coaching staff according to TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Don't think you would redshirt a guy who will be a junior by the time he gets to SDSU in 2015.

Comment

Terry Vandrovec @TerryVandrovec · 2h2 hours ago

Juco combo guard @3_aarias said he also had offers from NDSU, USD, Idaho State and Dunk City. He chose SDSU because of the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Terry Vandrovec @TerryVandrovec · 2h2 hours ago

Juco combo guard @3_aarias said he also had offers from NDSU, USD, Idaho State and Dunk City. He chose SDSU because of the coaching staff.
                      Good to see the Jacks beating out our rivals for players. Beating out USD didn't used to be a big deal , but I'm guessing we may get in more recruiting battles with them with their new coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Don't think you would redshirt a guy who will be a junior by the time he gets to SDSU in 2015.
                        My bad, I missed that he was a JUCO.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          Aarias Austin also had offers from NDSU, USD, Idaho State, and FGCU (aka Dunk City). He chose SDSU because of the coaching staff according to TV.
                          Good to hear we got a player in the early signing period with the potential to play point guard.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a high school point guard for the spring signing period, either. I don't think the coaches want to have a situation again like last year where the team doesn't have a true point guard on the floor, as it really hurt us at times.
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Good to hear we got a player in the early signing period with the potential to play point guard.

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign a high school point guard for the spring signing period, either. I don't think the coaches want to have a situation again like last year where the team doesn't have a true point guard on the floor, as it really hurt us at times.
                            We should remember that Jake Bittle was the point guard to replace Nate. Jake did not fill that spot even though he has brought much to this team. If Aarias can bring as much to the game as Parks has brought as a combo guard, we could be just fine with them or Flatten or Broman as backup point guards. The game at Buffalo and Idaho will give us a better test than the SD Tech game. It appears Parks could be plenty capable as a backup to Marshall and Flatten/Broman could be able to fill in there as well. Brayden Carlson was not a point either, but he did OK in his time when assigned with the job. The biggest downside was the minutes required every game rather the true point guard at the position.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Aarias Austin decommitted today due to "certain circumstances."

https://twitter.com/3_aarias/status/530095041575124994
                              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

In the words of Keith Jackson....'whoa nelly'. Not disappointed in the move and was actually way more surprised he committed here in the first place.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X