Marquette Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquette Game

I just happened to take a look at the Marquette Basketball schedule. It is of some importance that the Jacks play the Eagles a mere 4 days before Marquette plays UWisconsin.

Being a graduate of Marquette Law, I'll tell you that there is no more important of a game in the early season than the Badger game. Within the Milwaukee area, there are UW basketball fans and Marquette fans. The game receives a ton of instate pub (think U-State). What this means for the Jacks is that Marquette may be ripe for an upset. It presents the classic lookahead scenario.

For anyone thinking of making the trip, the Brew City is a great town to visit. The Bradley Center (where the game is being played) is home of the Milwaukee Bucks and is a great venue for basketball. The Bradley Center is in the middle of downtown with plenty of lodging, places to get grub and places to wet your whistle all within walking distance. Come cheer on our Jacks!
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Marquette Game

Thought I'd give an update on how Marquette looks early on. They played defending DIII champ UW-Stevens Point in an exhibition game last night and won 78-65. My boss is a huge basketball fan (also played college ball at Delaware) and was at the game. He said Marquette has Deiner and nothing else. Below is a link to the article in the Journal. It seems to say the same thing. According to my boss, UWSP just ran out of gas and the game was much closer than the score shows. I know I'm dwelling on this game, but to beat a big market team 2 years removed from the final four would be huge for the Jacks. Would definitely cause some noise, possible on ESPN since it would be early in the season.

Here's a link to the game article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/marq/nov04/273822.asp

-GW
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'll be at the game. Any idea if they set aside a seating area for visiting fans? Is Ticketmaster the only outlet for tix? I checked on Ticketmaster online today, and the only options are upper level, best available. No tickets available for lower level.

I called our ticket office, but they don't have tickets for road games. Erin said to buy through the school and ask to be seated near our comp seats for parents, etc. Doesn't appear to be an option w/Ticketmaster. I'll also be at the Butler game and got tickets through Ticketmaster, but one of the options offered there was behind the visitor's bench. Not an option for the Marquette game. Any ideas?
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Marquette has a high amount of season ticket holders which cuts down on the good tickets available. I'm not sure about whether they set aside seats for opposing team's fans. I would think so, but with the type of seating available at the Bradley Center, I'm not sure what kind of seats those would be. Probably the best way to find out is to go to the marquette website.

www.marquette.edu

You could probably find a phone number on the site enabiling you to actually speak to a live body about the tickets. If all else fails, a local pub called Major Goolsbys is one block away from the Bradley Center. They run a ticket resale (scalping) business out of that place with most of the "salesman" standing on the corner with the available seats. The few times I've used that option, I've been able to get good seats at face value. I'm guessing SDSU won't be a big local draw, so tickets should be available.

Let me know if I can help and I'll make some calls if needed. That goes for anyone.

Comment

Working...
        X