Concordia-St. Paul exhibition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concordia-St. Paul exhibition

Jacks seem to be playing fairly well. Up by 12 at the half. SDSU 39 CSP 27.

Go State! ;D

Re: Concordia-St. Paul exhibition

47-30 now . . .
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

without emming it may be the worst play by play i have ever heard. what's the old saying, you don't know what you got til it's gone.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I was in attendence of both exhibition games, and for the men, the person who impressed me the most was the true freshman Steve Holdren. This young man will be well known before he plays his final game as a Jack.
        Micheal Loney, MacKenize Casey are going to be refreshing additions to the roster. Andre Gilbert was in street clothes so did not play, but we are going to be okay talent wise.

Coach Nagy needs to take a tape measure with him and measure the height of the baskets at Butler just like Gene Hackman did in the movie Hoosiers. If nothing else it will build self confidence as our guys are going to need that. The talent is there but not totally molded. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
          without emming it may be the worst play by play i have ever heard.  what's the old saying, you don't know what you got til it's gone.  
          Dan Peters is kind of like the rookies on the team, he needs time to develop a style and perhaps be a little more comfortable.  No doubt Steve Emming is one of the best, but he probably did not develope all his skills over night either.  One thing I have noticed about Steve Emming is that away from the broadcast, he is a very quiet person who seems to keep to himself and saves his comments for the broadcast.  I dont think we will ever get Steve to post on this board. ;D

Comment

Nice exhibition win. Now it is time for the Bulldogs of Butler. Let the D-I Adventure begin! 8)

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,3929

South Dakota State went on a 22-4 run midway through the first half and was never seriously challenged the rest of the way in defeating Concordia-St. Paul (Minn.) 73-57 in a men's basketball exhibition game Saturday night at Frost Arena.

The Jackrabbits trailed CSP 13-7 before going on the run over an eight-minute span to go up by 11. SDSU pushed the lead to as many as 15 before taking a 39-27 lead at halftime.

SDSU maintained a double-digit lead throughout the second half as the Golden Bears could get no closer than 11, 41-30, at the 17-minute mark.

The Jackrabbits ended the night shooting 54.2 percent from the field. SDSU was 23-of-33 on shots inside the arc, but just 1-of-15 on three-point attempts. At the line, SDSU made 20-of-26 attempts, 76.9 percent.

Concordia, a member of the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference, shot just 37 percent from the floor, 17-of-46, including 7-of-20, 35 percent, from long range. The Golden Bears made 16-of-27 free throw attempts for 59.3 percent.

Turnovers led to easy chances for the Jackrabbits in the first half. CSP committed 28 turnovers -- 14 in each half -- compared to 22 for SDSU.

Freshman Steve Holdren scored a game-high 15 points to lead SDSU. Luke Geiver added 12 points before fouling out. All nine players who saw action scored at least four points for the Jackrabbits.

Brian Jamros led the Golden Bears with 13 points.

SDSU held a slim 32-31 rebounding advantage as Joe Green and Jared DeJong each came off the bench to grab six rebounds for SDSU.

The Jackrabbits open Division I action Friday at Butler (Ind.). Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. Eastern (6 p.m. Central) from Hinkle Fieldhouse. . . .

Go Jackrabbits, beat the Bulldogs! ;D

Comment

Jackrabbit women down Minnesota State

South Dakota State forced 35 turnovers in defeating Minnesota State University, Mankato 68-41 in women's basketball exhibition action Saturday night at Frost Arena.

The Jackrabbits, who ended the exhibition season with a 2-0 record, were held without a field goal for nearly the first seven minutes of the game before going on an 11-0 run midway the first half to grab a 16-11 lead. SDSU led 29-19 at halftime, forcing 19 first-half turnovers while committing 14 of their own.

SDSU continued to build the lead throughout the second half, with the final margin of 27 being its largest.

Megan Vogel led SDSU with 11 points. Shannon Schlagel added 10 points and a team-high eight rebounds. Twelve of the 13 Jackrabbit players to see action scored. The Jackrabbits also held a 35-33 rebounding advantage.

Minnesota State's Heather Peterson led all players with 12 points, before fouling out. Anna Voltmer led the Mavericks with eight rebounds and added eight points.

SDSU finished the night 21-of-52 from the field, 40.4 percent, including 6-of-16, 37.5 percent, on three-pointers. At the line, the Jackrabbits converted 20-of-31 attempts, 64.5 percent.

The Mavericks converted 14-of-44 shots, 31.8 percent, from the floor, and were 3-of-17 from behind the arc, 17.6 percent. MSU converted 10-of-15 free-throw attempts for 66.7 percent.

The Jackrabbits open the regular season Monday with a home game against Concordia-St. Paul (Minn.). Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. at Frost Arena.

Minnesota State, coached by former Jackrabbit player and assistant coach Lori Fish, opens its regular season at home Nov. 19 versus Upper Iowa.

Box Score
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I didn't get to go to the game, but my dad said Nagy had five guys on the bench in street clothes. Does anybody know why?

Comment

heard from several at the game that gilbert and cadwell are going to redshirt this season.

Comment

To day's Argus does suggest some redshirting, but nothing mention as too who and when. Jake Wennig seems to be having foot problems and hope he can come back. He was one of those in street clothes during Saturday's game.

Comment

As much as I would like to have Cadwell and Gilbert on this years team I think the best thing for the program is to redshirt them. This is going to be a tough year regardless and why not give them another year to develop. Very impressed with Steve Holdren.

Comment

Working...
                      X