• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU signs MN star

From the Isanti County (Cambridge) News:

http://www.isanticountynews.com/2004...ning11.17.html

Re: NDSU signs MN star

To my understanding Vaughn is a great sign for the Bison, i don't know if SDSU was in the pool for him or not. I have heard there is junior that plays on his team that is unbelievable and drawing the attention of Kansas, U of M, North Carolina and the likes as a major D1 recruit (The top recruit in Minnesota). His talent may have made things a little easier for Vaughn during high school as well.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Re: NDSU signs MN star

From what I've heard this kid falls into the same category as Begeman from Sioux Falls (Too short to play a foward, to slow to play a guard). I think his other offers were only from D-II's (Mankato for sure). I don't think that Nagy would have been interested in him. With the Sussneguth kid they signed I know that SDSU was talking to him, but never offered him a scholie, not sure on the reason, but obviously they don't need him any more with the signings of two other 6-10 players with similar stats. If anybody has info on him I would be curious to hear it. I know at one time he was getting interest from mid-major D-I's, but for some reason his only offer for D-I came from NDSU. Southwest State and Mankato also offered him I believe. Judging from the talent Nagy has brought in this year I wouldn't worry too much about what NDSU is doing. There will probably be a lot of questions this year, but in another year or two when all the redshirts come off of both our schools players I think you'll be happy with the recruits we have compared to NDSU. The guys that NDSU is bringing in are only high D-II talent, while SDSU is getting low to mid-major D-I talent already. If you want to compare recruiting classes look at how many of our players have gotten other D-I offers, and look at how many of NDSU's players have.

Comment

Working...
      X