Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where we gonna go dancin

Originally posted by HoboD View Post
    Joe Lunardi today has us as a 14 playing Florida in Austin.
    While I would love to play in KC, this is a good matchup on multiple fronts.First, we would not be playing an elite team on their virtual home court. (Baylor last year)Second, Florida is led by a 4-year starting guard who is smaller than Nate with numbers that don't stack up to him either.While Florida won the SEC regular season crown, the only ranked conference teams they played we're Mizzou and Kentucky. Kentucky has been considered a bubble team prior to beating them this last week.Florida has decent size, but they are average at best in rebounding. (Ranked 164th in DI)What appears tough about them is that they are very efficient at scoring (8th in shooting percentage) and they are balanced and deep. (4 players avg 10.5 pts/game and 8 players play 16+ minutes per game)

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I would call or email the Jackrabbit ticket office and ask their advice. If you are a season ticket holder with decent priority you can likely get tickets from SDSU.

Trying to predict where Jacks will play is impossible. Don't know about jumping online when the location is announced but I bet that would work.
      thats what I do for the women's tournament. I called the Xavier and Purdue (they were the hosts) ticket sites and asked the person who answered to put me in or very near the SDSU section. worked pretty well.

Comment

I'd love to see them come out to Salt Lake City. We already have all-session passes. My wife is a Gonzaga double-grad and it's looking like the Zags will be in SLC. A Jackrabbit appearance would be icing on the cake!

Comment

I just received the e-mail from the Ticket Office with the order form for the men's tournament.

Highlights:
          They're allocated 350 lower-bowl and 200 upper-bowl tickets, and they'll distribute to those who send applications in by noon, Tue, Mar 19, first fulfilling orders from season ticket holders, in order of priority points. Max. order is # of SDSU season tickets held, except for KC which they've capped at a max for everyone of 4--I for instance have six season tickets but will only be allowed to purchase 4 in KC. After season ticket holder orders are filled, orders from non-season-ticket holders will be processed (assuming there are tickets remaining out of the allocation).

SDSU's ticket allocation will be distributed at the site (just like last year in Albuquerque). The Ticket Office will notify people by e-mail if ticket requests are fulfilled or not, and recommend calling the venue ticket office after the SDSU allocation is exhausted.

Pricing, via the SDSU Ticket Office:
          Thursday/Saturday sites:
          Auburn Hills, MI - $80
          Lexington, KY - $100
          Salt Lake City - $85
          San Jose - $103

Friday/Sunday sites:
          Dayton - $85
          Austin - $80
          Philadelphia - $90
          Kansas City - $85

See also JackMD's post here.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I've got 8 season tickets and I don't see any possible way I can go with my meeting in New Orleans running Thursday to Saturday. Only chance would be a Friday win and Sunday game. I added a couple new threads, sorry for being redundant.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Let's get rid of the 'ol two step,and really dazzle 'em with the Flamingo this year!

Comment

Just for fun:

Twofer sites . . . NCAA women's and men's tournament sites that don't play on the same day and are close enough to--in theory--make it possible to see both SDSU teams.

Lexington, KY (Men, Mar. 21-23) and Louisville, KY (Women, Mar. 24-26), 77 miles
                San Jose, CA (Men, Mar. 21-23) and Stanford, CA (Women, Mar. 24-26), 20.7 miles
                Dayton, OH (Men, Mar. 22-24) and Columbus, OH (Women, Mar. 23-25), 78 miles
                Austin, TX (Men, Mar. 22-24) and College Station, TX (Women, Mar. 23-25), 104 miles
                Philadelphia, PA (Men, Mar. 22-24) and College Park, MD (Women, Mar. 23-25), 127 miles

Unlikely in the extreme that the two separate committees would be so kind to SDSU as to send the men and women to one of these pairs of sites, but hey, we can dream, yes?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Does anybody know if the site locations for potential games are already assigned seed numbers? It would be nice to narrow down the possible sites by which ones will host the 13/4 or 14/3 games on Thursday or Friday.
                  Last edited by jackrabbit1979; 03-16-2013, 10:15 AM.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Yes, the seeds for each location are already set. The times of the games, however, is not set yet. Times will be assigned Sunday night.
                    For instance, Kansas City will host on Fri and Sunday and the seeds, I believe, include one or two 13 and 15 seeds. You can find all of the locations
                    easily on line.

Comment

Working...
                    X